Dear Caerphilly County Borough Council,

We are new property Management & Letting Company. Looking to obtain information on landlords with empty properties including HMO's in Caerphilly, as we are looking to lease/buy properties from sellers in this location. Preferable in Microsoft Excel format.
We require name/address and contact number.

Yours faithfully,

John Cole

WWW: FOI, Caerphilly County Borough Council

1 Attachment

Dear Mr Cole,




Thank you for your request for information, which we received on the 30^th
May 2017. We acknowledge receipt of your request, and we will respond to
your request separately.


Most information requests are dealt with under the Freedom of Information
Act 2000. However environmental information is considered for disclosure
under the Environmental Information Regulations 2004.  If the information
you have requested is personal information about yourself, we must
consider disclosure under the Data Protection Act 1998.  If this is the
case we will provide you with a subject access request form for completion
and notify you of relevant timescales and fees.


We will transfer the request to the correct legislation automatically, as
required by the Freedom of Information Act.  For further information on
how we will deal with your request, please see the table below.


If you have any queries or concerns then please contact us.



Yours sincerely,







  Freedom of Information Act 2000 &

Environmental Information Regulations 2004


We will consider the following points in dealing with your request for


|Timescales for |We will consider your request and you should |
|responding to you |receive the information within the statutory |
| |timescale of 20 working days, unless the |
| |information is not held or is exempt from |
| |disclosure. Both the Freedom of Information Act |
| |and the Environmental Information Regulations |
| |allow this timescale to be extended in certain |
| |circumstances.  If your request is affected by a |
| |timescale extension we will explain this to you. |
|Third Party |If the information you request contains reference |
|Information |to a third party they may be consulted prior to a |
| |decision being taken on whether we disclose the |
| |information to you. |
|Format of Information|We will try to respond in the format that you have|
|provided |requested.  If this is not possible we will let |
| |you know.  If you require alternative formats, |
| |e.g. language, audio, braille, large print, etc. |
| |then please let us know. |
|Exemptions |The Freedom of Information Act and the |
| |Environmental Information Regulations 2004 define |
| |a number of exemptions, which may prevent release |
| |of the information you have requested.  Before we |
| |provide the information we will consider whether |
| |it is proper to release it.  If any of the |
| |exemption categories do apply then the information|
| |will not be released.  We will tell you if this is|
| |the case, and you will have a right of appeal. |
|Fees |You may have to pay a fee for this information |
| |under the Freedom of Information and Data |
| |Protection (Appropriate Limits and Fees |
| |Regulations) 2004.  We will consider this and let |
| |you know.  If so you will have to pay the fee |
| |before we process and release the information.  |
| |The 20 working day time limit for responding will |
| |not resume until we receive your payment. |
|You have the right to|If you wish to |If you are unhappy with that |
|appeal against our |appeal please set |decision you have the right to|
|decision. |out in writing your|appeal to: |
| |grounds of appeal | |
|  |and send to: |  |
| | | |
|Freedom of |  |Information Commissionerâ s |
|Information Act 2000 | |Office â Wales |
|/ Environmental |Information Unit |2nd Floor |
|Information |Caerphilly county |Churchill House |
|Regulations 2004 |borough council, |Churchill Way |
| |Penallta House |Cardiff |
| |Tredomen Park |CF10 2HH |
| |Hengoed. CF82 7PG | |
| | |  |
| |  | |
| | |Tel: 029 2067 8400 |
| |Appeals will be |Fax: 029 2067 8399 |
| |determined by an |Email: [1][email address]|
| |appropriate senior | |
| |officer. |Website: [2] |
| | | |
| | |  |




show quoted sections

WWW: FOI, Caerphilly County Borough Council

1 Attachment

Dear John Cole,




Thank you for your request for information received on 30^th May.


We have considered your request, but on this occasion we cannot supply the


In accordance with Section 17 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 this
letter acts as a Refusal Notice. 


The exemptions applied are –


Section 31(a) - Law Enforcement.  This is an absolute exemption and not
subject to the public interest test.

Section 40(2) - Personal Information.  We consider that the public
interest in withholding the information outweighs the public interest in
disclosing it. 


For further details on why this exemption applies please see the attached


In respect of Houses of Multiple Occupancy, the public register is
available to view by appointment at:- Private Sector Housing, Caerphilly
County Borough Council, Tredomen Business Centre, Tredomen. CF82 7FN. 
Please contact us to arrange an appoint to view by telephoning 01495
235216 or by email at [1][email address]


Although we cannot meet your request this time, if you have any further
information needs in the future then please contact me.


Yours sincerely



Corporate Information Governance Assistant



Freedom of Information Act 2000 / Environmental Information Regulations


You have the right to appeal against our decision.
If you wish to appeal please set If you are unhappy with that decision you
out in writing your grounds of have the right to appeal to:
appeal and send to:
Information Commissioner’s Office –
Corporate Information Governance Wales
Unit 2nd Floor
Caerphilly county borough Churchill House
council, Churchill Way
Penallta House Cardiff
Tredomen Park CF10 2HH
Hengoed. CF82 7PG
Tel: 029 2067 8400
Appeals will be determined by an Fax: 029 2067 8399
appropriate senior officer. Email: [2][email address]

Website: [3]



Re-use of information without permission may infringe the Copyright,
Designs and Patents Act 1988. Re-use can include, but is not limited to,
making multiple copies, publishing and issuing copies of the information
to a wider audience. If you would like to re-use copyright material owned
by Caerphilly County Borough Council, please contact us. Authorisation to
re-use copyright material not owned by this Authority should be sought
directly from the copyright owner.






show quoted sections

Looking for an EU Authority?

You can request documents directly from EU Institutions at our sister site . Find out more .