Dear Department of Health and Social Care,
Please answer the following questions in relation to Lighthouse labs and the Mega Lab being created in Leamington Spa, for Covid testing.
For Lighthouse labs, please provide the following financial information relating to the period since March 2020 to 31st January 2021:
- The amount of capital investment made
- The amount paid to third party suppliers to the Lighthouse lab programme who have been paid over £1 million in this period, with the total amount paid, including Astra Zeneca, Randox, suppliers of equipment and consultancies
- The amount paid in salaries and on-costs
- The amount paid for temporary and locum staff
For the mega lab in Leamington Spa
- The date the decision was made to create this lab
- A copy of the full business case supporting this
- A list of other options considered. As part of this, was the option to invest in creating additional capacity within existing NHS labs considered
- The total expected capital investment including lease commitments made or entered into during 2020 and 2021
- Please provide details of any plans which the authority has to use this facility for testing after the Covid pandemic.
a) Will the facility be used to provide testing for the NHS or other customers?
b) What types of testing will be undertaken
c) Does the authority have any agreements in place to undertake such testing
This is an acknowledgement - please do not reply to this email.
Thank you for contacting the Department of Health and Social Care.
We are currently experiencing high volumes of enquiries and we are
focusing our resources on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) response.
The answers to many questions, including the latest information on
COVID-19, can be found on GOV.UK, the Department of Health and
Social Care website or by visiting the NHS website. We may not respond
to you if the answer to your enquiry can be found on either of these
websites. Where a reply is appropriate, we aim to send a response within
18 working days, or 20 working days if your query is a Freedom of
Information request or complaint.
If you are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19, please
visit 111.nhs.uk or telephone your GP surgery immediately for further
advice. Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital directly.
If you are a business interested in helping the government increase
COVID-19 testing capacity, please visit this Government website. Please
note that the service to offer other COVID-19 support from your business
If you are clinician looking to support the NHS, please visit the NHS
Professionals websitehttps://www.nhsprofessionals.nhs.uk/ for further
If you are a clinician who has retired within the last 6 years and would
like more information on how to apply for the temporary register, please
visit the NHS England
If you want to volunteer during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic,
please visit this
The Department of Health and Social Care does not process complaints about
the NHS or social services. If you wish to make a complaint about a
healthcare professional, an NHS organisation or a social care provider,
please visit the Complaints Procedure page on GOV.UK.
You can find out more about the Department’s commitments from our Personal
This e-mail and any attachments is intended only for the attention of the
addressee(s). Its unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not
permitted. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy all
copies and inform the sender by return e-mail. Any views expressed in this
message are not necessarily those of the Department of Health and Social
Care. Please note: Incoming and outgoing email messages are routinely
monitored for compliance with our policy on the use of electronic
Dear Mr Brown,
Please find attached the Department of Health and Social Care's response
to your recent FOI request (our ref: FOI-1302094).
Freedom of Information Team
Department of Health and Social Care
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now