Dear Anglia Ruskin University,
I am writing to ask about library fines during the academic year 2015/2016. For the time period starting from the first day of term, covering the next 364 days (e.g. one full year), please provide:
1. The total amount of money the library received from the payment of overdue items. Exclude costs of replacing lost books - this request solely relates to the cost of books that are returned later than their due date.
2. Information about where this money then goes (is it absorbed into a specific library budget for example? if so what one?)
3. If possible, from the figure provided in 1, break this down by
a) category of user paying fine (e.g. undergraduate, postgraduate, staff)
b) country of origin of user paying fine (e.g. France, Italy, US). If only broader categories are possible e.g. "EU", "non-EU" then please provide this instead.
Many thanks, and do let me know if you require any further clarification.
Dear Mr Forks,
Thank you for your request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (noted at the foot of this email).
Please see our responses below.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your request for information you can contact us to ask for our decision to be reviewed by our Secretary & Clerk.
If you are still not satisfied following this, you can then make an appeal to the Information Commissioner, who is the statutory regulator for Freedom of Information.
The address is: Office of the Information Commissioner, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
Tel: 01625 545700.
Fax: 01625 524 510.
This completes your request.
Jacqueline Barlow MBA, MA, ACIS, ACIB
University Records Manager
Secretary & Clerk's Office
3rd Floor, Tindal Building
Anglia Ruskin University
Bishop Hall Lane
Direct line:- 0845 196 4215
Email:- [email address]
Fax:- 01245 495419
1. In total £17,526.92 was paid to the Library in overdue fines in 2015/16.
2. Monies received from the payment of library fines for overdue items are allocated to the central University budget.
3. a) breakdown by category of user
Postgraduate : £3,100.04
Research : £654.00
Staff : £471.75
External : £80.75
b) We have conducted reasonable searches and recorded information is not held within the scope of this request.