Dear Heythrop College,

I am writing to ask about library fines during the academic year 2015/2016. For the time period starting from the first day of term, covering the next 364 days (e.g. one full year), please provide:

1. The total amount of money the library received from the payment of overdue items. Exclude costs of replacing lost books - this request solely relates to the cost of books that are returned later than their due date.

2. Information about where this money then goes (is it absorbed into a specific library budget for example? if so what one?)

3. If possible, from the figure provided in 1, break this down by

a) category of user paying fine (e.g. undergraduate, postgraduate, staff)
b) country of origin of user paying fine (e.g. France, Italy, US). If only broader categories are possible e.g. "EU", "non-EU" then please provide this instead.

Many thanks, and do let me know if you require any further clarification

Yours faithfully,

Jack Forks

Saladin Rospigliosi, Heythrop College

Dear Mr Forks

Thank you for your enquiry.

- In the 2015-16 academic year, £1304.79 was received in payment for fines incurred for overdue books.
- The money goes to the Library budget.
- We do not have records regarding the status of those who paid library fines; it is a mixture of undergraduate, postgraduate and research students at Heythrop, and of outside users who are able to borrow under the SCONUL Access scheme.

If you are unhappy with the way your request for information has been handled you can request a review by writing to me at the address below.

If you remain dissatisfied with the handling of your request or complaint, you have the right to appeal to the Information Commissioner at

The Information Commissioner’s Office

Wycliffe House

Water Lane




Telephone 0303 123 1113


Thank you again for your enquiry

Best wishes

Mr Saladin Rospigliosi
Director of Administration
Heythrop College
University of London
Kensington Square
W8 5HN
020 7795 4269
[email address]

show quoted sections

Looking for an EU Authority?

You can request documents directly from EU Institutions at our sister site . Find out more .