Dear University of Edinburgh,
This is an information request under the Freedom of Information Act of 2000.
I would like to be provided with the following information, in relation to the years 1980, 2000, and each year from 2012-2018 (or up to the most recent figures available):
1. The university’s total library budget.
2. The overall sum spent on books, so that I can understand the proportion of the library budget spent on books versus academic journals.
3. The total sum spent by the university on article processing charges (APCs).
Mr T. Fry
Dear Mr Fry
Thank you for your email of 24 April 2018 requesting information about Library budget information. I am writing to let you know that we have received your request and will process it as soon as possible, and certainly within 20 working days of the day we received the request. You will hear back from us by 22 May 2018 at the latest.
Information Compliance Officer
Records Management Section | The University of Edinburgh | Old College | Edinburgh EH8 9YL
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.
Dear Records Management,
In light of requests from universities for clarification, please see revisions to my questions that should hopefully make my FOI clearer:
I would like information regarding:
1. The overall amount spent on library materials. This should include the total spent, for example, on books, academic journals, and other information materials - whether physical copies, electronic, or online. I am not looking for this figure to be broken down into granular detail - an overall sum would be satisfactory.
2. The total sum spent by the University on article processing charges (APCs). By article processing charges, I mean the charge to make a work available open access in either an open access journal or hybrid journal. This figure should include APCs paid for by grants to the University.
Consistent with my original request, I would like the University to publish the data in relation to the years 1980, 2000, and each year from 2012-2018 (or up to the most recent figures available).
Mr T. Fry
Dear Mr. Fry,
Thank you for your email of 24 April 2018 requesting information about
library budget information. I am writing to apologise that we will not
meet the 20 working days deadline for responding to your request. We aim
to send you a response by 6 July 2018.
Many thanks in advance,
Scholarly Communications Officer
Library & University Collections
University of Edinburgh
Edinburgh, EH3 9DR
Tel: +44 (0) 131 6515226
Dear Mr T Fry,
Please find attached the University's response to your Freedom of
Information (Scotland) Act 2002 request dated 24th April 2018.
Freedom of Information practitioner for the Library
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now