I am writing to request information held by the Cabinet Office under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 ("FOIA") regarding the website http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ and the team of civil servants which maintains the service provided by this website.
Pursuant to FOIA, I request the following for each calendar year from 2015 onwards:
1. The number of full-time staff (and their respective civil service grades) working on updating the legislation available through website;
2. The number of part-time staff (and their respective civil service grades) working on updating the legislation available through the website;
3. The total spend by the Cabinet Office on the staff referred to at 1. above;
4. The total spend by the Cabinet Office on the staff referred to at 2. above;
5. Any internal guidance prepared by the Cabinet Office and used by staff in determining which legislation should be prioritised when updated; and
6. Details of any subscription services (such as Westlaw) available to those staff in performing their functions updating legislation.
I look forward to hearing from you within 20 working days.
If you have any queries about this request do not hesitate to contact me.
CABINET OFFICE REFERENCE: FOI327423
Dear JONATHAN BLUNDEN
Thank you for your request for information. Your request was received
on 8/1/2019 and we are considering if it is appropriate to deal with under
the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
This email is just a short acknowledgement of your request.
When corresponding with the Cabinet Office, you may wish to be aware of
how we treat your personal Information. This is set out in our personal
information charter, at the following
If you have any queries about this email, please contact the FOI team.
Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future
Knowledge and Information Management Unit
E: [Cabinet Office request email]
Please find attached the reply to your FOI request
London, SW1A 2AS
E-mail -[Cabinet Office request email]
1. mailto:[email address]