Dear Wirral Metropolitan Borough Council,
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, I would like to enquire the following information relating to the installation and maintenance of street lights.
I would like to request:
1. Has the council installed any energy efficient street lighting in the last five years, such as replacing halogen bulbs with LED street lights?
2. If the council is in the process of installing any energy efficient street lighting, please confirm when the council started to do this and provide an estimate of when the council expects to have switched all street lights to energy efficient street lighting.
3. How much did the council spend on running, installing and maintaining street lighting under the council’s jurisdiction in 2015, 2016 and 2017?
4. How much does the council estimate they will spend on running, installing and maintaining street lighting under the council’s jurisdiction in 2018?
5. How many complaints were received in relation to new energy efficient street lighting, if any, during 2017?
6. Please estimate how much money the council currently saves following the installation of any energy efficient street lighting on a monthly and annual basis?
If the following questions do not fall under your jurisdiction, please can you provide the name of the organisation and contact details who manage street lighting within your designated territory.