Dear Kent County Council,
Can you please answer the below For each financial year since 2015,
Please answer these questions by breaking them down into each individual Latco;
1)How much per year have Cantium Business Solutions / GEN2 / The Education People been charged for use of Kent County Council properties?
1.1)For each Latco, can the buildings used and their address be listed. Also a percentage of how much of the building is used by Kent County Council, in terms of headcount.
2)What metric is used to calculate this figure from question 1? and who within the council would have to sign this figure off? How often is this figure reviewed?
3) Are there any other private organisations 'renting' space within Kent County Council buildings? If so, how are the rents calculated and how often are these rents renewed?
4) Are the Latco's , Cantium Business Solutions / GEN2 / The Education People, paying for managed support services for these buildings? For example facilities, security and maintenance? If so, how is this value also arrived at?
5) How much are Cantium Business Solutions / GEN2 / The Education People paying for the consumption of Kent County Council IT Services?
Can this please include all aspects of IT ( hardware/software/support costs ) and a break down of these services, what services are provided to the Latco's by Kent County Council?
6) if yes, how much has been paid per month and how is this value arrived at?
7) Are Kent County Council (Kent Taxpayer) in any way giving financial assistance to these Latco's? Other than the services defined within support services defined on the Kent County council service agreements on the Kent County Council website.
8) Are the Kent tax payer in any way liable for the works conducted by GEN2/Cantium Business Solutions and The Education People. If yes, can the value of this liability be broken down per Latco and who has signed for this liability.
9) Kent County Council spent £23 Million pounds on property at Kings Hill. Can I please request any communication regarding who the tenants will be for this prior to the completion of purchase?
10) As Kent County Council have spent £23 Million pounds, is there a business case for the spending of £23 Million pounds and any written documentation to justify the £23 Million pound costs associated with this purchase and is this public, as such a purchase should surely be validated by the Kent tax payer. Can this please be provided?
11) In the event any of the above are correct or give an advantage to the identified private sector organisations, do you believe this is state sponsorship of a private sector organisations?
Our reference: 12409035
Thank you for your email which we received on 24 February 2020.
Kent County Council (KCC) acknowledges your request for information, which
we will consider under the relevant legislation (Freedom of Information
Act 2000 and/or Environmental Information Regulations 2004).
Assuming KCC holds this information, we will endeavour to supply the data
to you as soon as possible but no later than 23 March 2020 (20 working
days from date of receipt).
We will advise you as soon as possible if we do not hold this information
or if there are exemptions to be considered and/or any costs for providing
Please quote our reference - 12409035 in any communication regarding this
Please see our Information Rights Privacy Notice for details of how we
process your personal data.
Information Access Officer
NOTE: Please do not edit the subject line when replying to this email.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now