A bit of a strange one.
Can you confirm details about laptop computers purchased for WBC staff in 11 / 12 and 12/13?
I am looking for the following:
1. # Computers by management staff member / department. Eg:
- Head of Legal - Laptop
- Legal Dept - 6 Laptops
2. Make, model and purchase price of the devices where appropriate. So the list would look like this:
- Head of Legal - Toshiba AXXX @ £680
- Legal Dept - 3x Dell XXX @ £430 each, 3x Toshiba XXX : £330 each
3. Confirmation that WBC requires laptops and other computer equipment to be returned to the Council when it is upgraded / replaced / after a set period of time. So a list like this:
- Head of Legal - Returned Toshiba OldXXX May 11, upgraded.
4. A summary sheet showing that over the last five (or as long as you can do) that all laptops issued to staff have been subsequently recovered. Where a laptop has not been recovered if a reason could be give (eg - "issued 08, still in use", or "issued 06, lost")
5. Confirmation as to what happens to returned laptops when they are returned to the Council. Are they wiped and destroyed? Are they wiped and sold, if so, who sells them, are they given to staff members (please confirm that they are wiped if this is the case)
Thank you for your request below. The Council does not hold the required
information you have requested in a historical sequence i.e. a history of
laptop events by user. Therefore to facilitate your request would take
Officers over the appropriate time limit of 18.5 person hours as defined
in FOI legislation. Please note the information is not held in a single
central location but across departments of the Council in varying formats.
Please see additional detail on this exemption listed below:
“Where an authority is not obliged to comply with a request for
information because, under section 12(1) and regulations made under
section 12, the cost of complying would exceed the "appropriate limit"
(i.e. cost threshold) the authority should consider providing an
indication of what, if any, information could be provided within the cost
ceiling. The authority should also consider advising the applicant that by
reforming or re-focusing their request, information may be able to be
supplied for a lower, or no, fee.”
You have the right under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000
to ask for an internal review of the refusal of the information
requested. Please direct any request for an internal review to
[Wirral Borough Council request email] and your request will be allocated for
You do also have the right to complain to the information Commissioner, if
you are dissatisfied with the outcome of any internal review, whose office
is situated at:
Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel: 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 54 57 45
Fax: 01625 524510 www.ico.gov.uk <http://www.ico.gov.uk/>
Thank you for your enquiry, kind regards
This information supplied to you is copyrighted and continues to be
protected by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. You are free
to use it for your own purposes, including any non commercial research you
are doing and for the purposes of news reporting. Any other reuse, for
example commercial publication, would require our specific permission, may
involve licensing and the application of a charge.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now