Dear Ministry of Defence,
I am writing to you to request details about the Kenly Windfarm [Fife Council Planning Reference 11/02799/EIA] under the Freedom of Information Act of 2000, The Environmental Information Regulations 2004 or alternatively the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. The information that I am requesting specifically relates to the six wind turbines that the University of St Andrews is planning to build on Kenly Farms, Fife. I am making five different requests under these acts:
1. In 2012, the Scottish government approved the University of St Andrews' planning request, but one of the conditions of the approval was that a "Radar Mitigation Scheme" be submitted to the MoD for approval. Please confirm that this was received by the MoD.
2. Should the MoD have received the "Radar Mitigation Scheme" from either the University of St Andrews or Fife Council, please provide an explanation for why this was not then approved.
3. Should the "Radar Mitigation Scheme" have not been approved by the MoD, please indicate what further attempts that the University of St Andrews and Fife Council have made to amend their "Radar Mitigation Scheme" in order to meet the concerns of the MoD, and details as to why the MoD has not approved these requests.
4. Please indicate what further efforts have been made by the University of St Andrews and Fife Council to resolve the issue of the Kenly wind turbines interfering with the Leuchars airbase radar.
5. Please explain why the attempts of Fife Council and the University of St Andrews to resolve the issue of the Kenly windfarm turbines interfering with the Leuchars Airbase radar have not been successful.
Mr T. Morley
Dear Mr Morley,
Your request has been logged under our reference 2019/12787 and the target date for response is 10/12/2019.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now