Dear Department for Work and Pensions,
I am writing to you regarding the staff conduct at a job centre in Manchester
1. What can a claimant expect during JSA interviews?
2. How should the adviser treat the claimant?
3. What should the advisor do with a sick note from a GP?
4. How can claimants with mental issues expect to be supported?
5. How many jobs a week should a JSA claimant be looking for a day/week?
6. If a claimant has suffered domestic violence in his/her life can they request to see an adviser of the same sex?
7. If a claimant feels intimidated/bullied by the adviser what can they do?
8. If the GP signs claimant off work are they still expected to search for work.
9. Are they any exceptions for looking at the required number of jobs?
10. Can the claimant request to only be contacted via the post or email; if they struggle with speaking on the phone due to mental health issues?
Miss K. Fountain
This is an automated confirmation that your request for information has
been accepted by the DWP FoI mailbox.
By the next working day your request will be forwarded to the relevant
information owner within the Department who will respond to you direct.
If your email is a Freedom of Information request you can normally
expect a response within 20 working days.
Should you have any further queries in connection with this request do
please contact us.
For further information on the Freedom of Information Act within DWP
please click on the link below.
Dear Miss K Fountain
Please find attached our response to your recent Freedom of Information
The Central Freedom of Information Team
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now