Dear Department for Work and Pensions,
Assuming a claimant is someone in England who is in receipt of job seekers allowance (“JSA”); according to current DWP policies, in order to continue to receive JSA and not be sanctioned:
1. Is the claimant legally required to complete the “my work plan” form?
2. Is the claimant legally required to allow their DWP advisor to access their universal job match account if given a direction to do so? If yes, isn’t that a breach of the claimants right to privacy under the data protection act?
3. Is the claimant legally required to log into their universal job match account whilst at the job centre if given a direction to do so? If yes, isn’t that a breach of the claimants right to privacy under the data protection act?
4. If the claimant is required to attend the job centre on any day other than sign on day, are they entitled to claim travel expenses?
5. Is the claimant legally required to work for less than minimum wage if directed to do so by job centre staff or a work programme provider?
This is an automated confirmation that your request for information has
been accepted by the DWP FoI mailbox.
By the next working day your request will be forwarded to the relevant
information owner within the Department who will respond to you direct.
If your email is a Freedom of Information request you can normally
expect a response within 20 working days.
Should you have any further queries in connection with this request do
please contact us.
For further information on the Freedom of Information Act within DWP
please click on the link below.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now