Dear Fife Council,
Under the freedom of information act 2000, I’m writing to obtain the following information:
1) How many employees are working in the council?
2) What is your annual IT budget?
3) What is your annual Intranet budget?
4) What is your current Intranet solution and how long has it been in use?
5) Do you use Open Source applications, such as Drupal or Wordpress?
6) Who is responsible for managing your Intranet?
7) Who is responsible for the procurement of your Intranet?
8) Who is responsible for managing your IT Team?
9) Do you use any other SaaS (Software as a service) applications?
10) Who are your main software vendors?
11) Do you use Azure / Amazon Web Services or Office365?
12) Do you have a digital workplace strategy?
Dear J Tsonou,
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION (SCOTLAND) ACT 2002 â€“ REQUEST FOR INFORMATION
Thank you for your information request received on 07/09/2018 our reference: FCIR 23735. This is being dealt with in terms of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.
We are presently assessing your request and may be in touch soon to ask for further clarification or to offer advice and assistance if we are not able to fulfil your request in its present form.
The legislation allows us up to 20 working days from the date that we receive a valid request, including any clarification we require, to make a final response. We will be in touch within 20 working days of receipt of your initial request to provide our response or to seek clarification where necessary. We hope to provide you with the information you are looking for at an earlier date where possible.
Information Management & Requests Team
Dear J Tsonou,
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION (SCOTLAND) ACT 2002 – REQUEST FOR INFORMATION
I refer to your email dated and received 07/09/2018, our reference: FCIR
I am pleased to enclose the information you requested and trust that it
meets your requirements.
1. How many employees are working in the council?
- The employee headcount as at the 1st September 2018 for
employees with contracted hours was 17,455.
2. What is your annual IT budget?
- Fife Council IT Budget for 2018-19 is £6,985,096.
3. What is your annual Intranet budget?
- Please note your requested information is subject to an
exemption. This information is exempt under Section 17 of the Freedom of
Information (Scotland) Act – Information not held. Fife Council does not
record annual Intranet budget.
4. What is your current Intranet solution and how long has it been
- Bespoke in-house built using coldfusion.
5. Do you use Open Source applications, such as Drupal or Wordpress?
- Yes but not for our intranet.
6. Who is responsible for managing your Intranet?
- Customer Solutions Team
7. Who is responsible for the procurement of your Intranet?
- BTS – Collaboration, Communication and Information Management
8. Who is responsible for managing your IT Team?
- Charlie Anderson
9. Do you use any other SaaS (Software as a service) applications?
10. Who are your main software vendors?
- Microsoft, Oracle, Civica, OLM Systems Ltd, Midland Software
Ltd, Axios Systems Ltd, Verint Systems UK Ltd, Northgate Public Services
Ltd, Idox Information Services Ltd, Total Mobile.
11. Do you use Azure / Amazon Web Services or Office365?
12. Do you have a digital workplace strategy?
I would like to draw your attention to the copyright situation in relation
to the material.
The council holds the copyright for all of the material provided and it
may be reproduced free of charge in any format or media without requiring
specific permission. This is subject to the material not being used in a
derogatory manner or in a misleading context. The source of the material
must be acknowledged as Fife Council and the title of the document must be
included when being reproduced as part of another publication or service.
If you are not satisfied with the way we have handled your request, you
have the right to request a review of the decision. Please write to: Head
of Legal Services, Finance & Corporate Services, Fife House, North Street,
Glenrothes, KY7 5LT or e-mail to [email address]. The law provides
for you to make this request up to 60 working days from when we received
your enquiry or 40 working days from when you receive this correspondence
whichever is the later date. Where the outcome of the review fails to
resolve the matter to your complete satisfaction you have the right to
apply to the Scottish Information Commissioner for a
Fife Council will consider and seek to resolve any request to the Head of
Legal Services that falls outside these time scales.
Information Management Request Team