Dear Harris Manchester College, Oxford,
This is a request for information through the Freedom of Information Act.
1. What was the total market value of the institution's endowment funds and any other investment portfolios on 22 October 2018? If you are going to provide this information through your annual accounts, can you provide the specific page with the relevant figure highlighted.
2. On 22 October 2018, were the institution's endowment funds and any other investment portfolios managed directly by the institution, or indirectly by (an) external fund manager(s), or a combination of both?
3. If the institution uses external fund manager(s) to manage any endowment funds or other investment portfolios, please provide the name of each fund manager used, along with the % of the total endowment funds that they were managing on 22 October 2018. If the institution uses several fund managers, please list each fund manager name separately along with the % of the institutions total endowment and investment portfolio that they manage.
4. Does the institution invest directly in companies?
5. If the institution invests directly, please provide the details of what the institution invests in (by way if endowment or other investment portfolios), including the full names of each company invested in, and the market value invested in each company on 22 October 2018?
Please provide this information in a spreadsheet format.
6. If the institution holds investments through an external fund manager, please provide the investment portfolio for that manger from 22 October 2018, including the market value for each of their investments?
Please use a spreadsheet to provide the information and please use the format shown in this example: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...
7. Does the institution have an ethical investment policy, or similar? If so, please state if it is publicly available, and provide a web link. If it is not publicly available, please provide a copy.
Please could you confirm the receipt of this request?
Dear J Clarke,
I'm sorry we're being a bit slow responding to this FOI Request. The only person who could collate this information is our bursar, and we're currently between bursars.
Our previous bursar left us to return to the RAF, but is doing her best to continue to look after our finances part-time on top of her full-time job until we can recruit her replacement, but this leaves her very little spare capacity. She will try to collate the information you have requested as soon as she can.
Dr Eric Eve
Harris Manchester College
Oxford OX1 3TD
Tel: 01865 281475
Thank you for your response and explanation, it is always good to be kept in the loop with these things.
Though the requirements of the Freedom Of Information Act state that a response was required by 21 May, I will extend this to 11 June before submitting an internal review. This provides an extra 3 weeks for the response to be compiled.
I hope that through this mutual understanding a comprehensive response will be submitted.
Have a great week.
Dear J Clarke,
Thank you for your understanding.
I have now received the following answers to your questions, which answers I list below:
1. The total market value of the college's endowment funds and any other investment portfolios on 22 October 2018 was £13,741,851
2. The college's endowment funds and any other investment portfolios are managed by a combination of both the college and an external fund manager.
3 The external fund manager is the Oxford Endowment Fund (OEF).
4. No. The college does not invest directly in companies.
5. N/A; The college does not invest directly.
6. The investment portfolio for OEF from 22 October 2018, including the market value for each of their investments is shown in the attached spreadsheet.
7. . The College follows the investment policy of Oxford Endowment Fund which can be found at the following website: https://www.ouem.co.uk/generating-return...
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now