Dear Children's Commissioner for England,
I am writing to make a request for all the information to which I am entitled under Freedom of Information Act 2000. My requests are outlined below as specifically as possible to help you retrieve the information required. However, if any of the below is unclear, I would appreciate if you could contact me as I understand that under the act, you are required to assist requesters.
Please could you provide the following information:
1) How many employees are working for your organisation, including full-time, part-time, and contracted staff?
2) What is your annual intranet budget?
3) What is your current intranet solution? (e.g. Invotra, Sharepoint, Kahootz, Umbraco)
4) How long have you been using this solution, and when does your contract expire?
5) Do you work with an external partner to supply your intranet? If not, do you develop your intranet internally?
6) Which team/individual is responsible for managing your intranet internally?
7) Which other organisations have access to your intranet?
8) Do you share IT services with other organisations?
9) Are you using the Office 365 suite? If so, which applications from the suite are in use?
10) Who is responsible for your intranet’s procurement within the organisation?
11) Do you use Microsoft’s Active Directory to manage your people data? If so, is your Active Directory (AD) managed on-premise or in the cloud?
12) Do you use any other Software as a Service (SaaS) applications? (e.g. Atlassian/Jira, Slack, Trello, Xero)
If possible, please could you present the information via a Microsoft Word or Excel document, sent to me via email. I understand that under the act, I should be entitled to a response within 20 days and therefore I would appreciate if you could confirm receipt of my request.
Thank you for contacting the Children's Commissioner for England. Please
accept this email as confirmation of receipt. We will endeavour to get
back to you as soon as possible and aim to respond to all general
correspondence within 3 weeks.
Due to the very high volume of correspondence we receive, we are unable to
respond to the following:
- Emails where the Commissioner is copied into correspondence
with multiple other organisations
- Questions relating to the rights of parents/ adults and not
children or care leavers (requests about the rights of children in care or
care leavers can be sent to the Help at Hand team as described below)
- Mass campaign emails
If you still wish to contact us, please ensure you have explained
concisely what the problem or request is, including only pertinent facts.
Please do not send long documents or multiple attachments. We will ask for
further information from you if we need it.
Please note that all emails we send and receive will be kept in accordance
with our Data Protection Policy. This sets out your rights, how your
information will be used, and how we will look after it.
For children and young people in care, leaving care, living away from home
or working with children's services only:
We have an advice team called Help at Hand for these children and young
people. Help at Hand will also consider urgent child protection issues and
refer onwards as appropriate.
The Help at Hand Team can be reached by free phone on 0800 528 0731 or at
[email address] and is staffed from 9am to 5pm
Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays).
Children can also call Childline on 0800 1111 and adults can call the
NSPCC child protection helpline on 0808 800 5000.
Great Smith Street,
London SW1P 3BT
4. mailto:[email address]
5. https://outlook.office.com/owa/[email address]/www.childrenscommissioner.gov.uk
I refer to your Freedom of Information request which we received on the 25
Please note that the Office of the Children’s Commissioner is a Non
Departmental Public Body , employing circa 30 members of staff and all our
ICT services are provided by the Department for Education, (our sponsoring
department), through a Service Level Agreement. This includes all our IT
equipment, access to an IT helpdesk and internet services.
Business Support Adviser
Children's Commissioner's Office
Advice Line: 0800 528 0731
Direct line: 0207 783 8203
Telephone: 0207 783 8330
Email: [email address]
Post: Sanctuary Buildings, Great Smith Street, London SW1P 3BT
facebook twitter youtube
Promoting & protecting
The contents of
may be legally
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now