Dear Department for Work and Pensions,
This request concerns the internal notification processes between Carer's Allowance and Pension Credit in operation between 1.1.2006 and 31.12.2009.
1) When an award of Carers Allowance (CA) (including an 'underlying entitlement' award) was made, revised, superseded or otherwise amended what paper, electronic or other internal communication systems would have notified Pension Credit (PC)? Would that process have include, for example, the Departmental Central Index (DCI), Customer Information System (CIS), General Matching Service (GMS) or Work Availability Report (WAR).
2) When an award of CA (including 'underlying entitlement') ended because, for example, that person was no longer caring for the 'disabled person' (DP), or the DP had entered residential care or had died what notification would have been sent from CA to PC?
3) If PC were aware that a claimant had entitlement (including 'underlying entitlement) or had made a claim for CA what notification would have been issued to CA by PC to record an interest in that claim / award on the CA system?
4) If CA had recorded an interested in the CA claim / award by PC what notification would have been sent by CA to PC when the award of CA ended?
5) Would these notification have been made automatically by the relevant system or would they have required the intervention of a person to initiate the notification?
6) If possible please provide a copy of the form(s) of notifications sent by / between these systems.
7) Additionally please confirm whether in 2006 it was possible to make an electronic 'on line' application for CA or whether one could only be made on a paper claim form?
This is an automated confirmation that your request for information has
been accepted by the DWP FoI mailbox.
By the next working day your request will be forwarded to the relevant
information owner within the Department who will respond to you direct.
If your email is a Freedom of Information request you can normally
expect a response within 20 working days.
Should you have any further queries in connection with this request do
please contact us.
For further information on the Freedom of Information Act within DWP
please click on the link below.
Dear Peter Turville,
I am writing in response to your request for information, received 3
Your response is attached
DWP Operations FOI Team
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now