Insolvency Practitioners who fail to file their own company accounts are they immune from following the law?

Response to this request is long overdue. By law, under all circumstances, Insolvency Practitioners Tribunal should have responded by now (details). You can complain by requesting an internal review.

Dear Insolvency Practitioners Tribunal,

Newton Drive (Baxenden) Management Company Ltd 11770187

Please provide under the FOIA whether or not under the Companies Act 2006, directors of a private company who are Insolvency Practitioners are immune from filing their company accounts on time the same as everyone else, regardless of occupation, or is this no longer deemed a criminal offence.

The above company accounts are overdue that must be filed by 16 January 2021 what actions do the Insolvency Practitioners Tribunal take or have taken against the Insolvency Practitioner Michael Goldstein who is the director and listed as a Insolvency Practitioner who has failed to file their own company accounts on time.

It is presumed that the governments website is correct 'Failure to file confirmation statements ( due by 26 February 2021) annual returns or accounts is a criminal offence'



Occupation Insolvency Practitioner

Eletronic filing Tuesday 15 January 2019
Incorporation date Wednesday 16 January 2019

Registered office address changed to C/O Myers Clark Business Recovery Ltd , Egale 1, 80 St.Albans Road, Watford, Hertfordshire WD17 1DL (Monday 4 February 2019)

Friday 28 February 2020 Registered office address changed to Devonshire House, Manor Way, Borehamwood, Herts, WD6 1QQ
(this address appears to be connected to RG Insolvency Ltd)

Yours faithfully,

Ed Boyce

Insolvency.EnquiryLine, Insolvency Practitioners Tribunal

Thank you for contacting the Insolvency Service.


We have received your email and where a reply is required, we will respond
within 5 working days.


How we can help


We can provide general information about personal and corporate insolvency
processes, including bankruptcy and debt relief orders. Further
information on what we do can be found on our GOV.UK pages -


We cannot give you legal or financial advice or advice on matters directly
relating to other government departments.


Getting legal or financial advice


If you need legal or financial advice, you can get free help and advice
from a debt adviser. Information about debt advice services near you is
available from the Money Advice Service -


Bankruptcy and debt relief orders


If you have a question about bankruptcy, debt relief orders, or other debt
relief options, you may find our online guidance helpful:


•           Bankruptcy - [3]

•           Debt Relief Orders - 

•           Debt relief options - [5]


Enquiries about a specific insolvency


If you have written to us about an ongoing insolvency, we may forward your
email to the Official Receiver or ask that you contact the insolvency
practitioner handling the case.




If you are emailing us because you are unhappy with the service you have
received, you need to resubmit your complaint using our online form -

########################### This email is confidential and is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If
you are not an intended recipient then you have received this e-mail in
error and any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying is
strictly prohibited. You should contact the sender by return then delete
all the material from your system. To see how the Insolvency Service uses
your personal information please [7]Click Here. ###########################


Visible links

Insolvency.EnquiryLine, Insolvency Practitioners Tribunal

Good Morning

Thank you for contacting the Insolvency Service.


I have referred your email to the Freedom of Information and Data
Protection Act team for them to deal with your enquiry accordingly.

You can contact them directly on [1][email address]

I hope this is helpful.


Yours sincerely


Helen | Customer Service Team | The Insolvency Service - Delivering
economic confidence | [2][email address] | Third
Floor, 1 City Walk, Leeds, LS11 9DA | 0300 678 0015 | [3]Contact Form:
Insolvency enquiry line | Twitter [4]@InsolvencyGovUK |

The Insolvency Service is now delivering its services both remotely and
through its offices. Please refer to our [6]GOV.UK content for the latest
information on how to contact us and to find answers to common questions.
Thanks for your cooperation.


To see how the Insolvency Service uses your personal information please
click [7]here


Please consider the environment before printing


show quoted sections

Lee.Hewlett, Insolvency Practitioners Tribunal

Dear Mr Boyce


Thank you for your email of 7 February, addressed to the Insolvency
Practitioners Tribunal (IPT).


The IPT was abolished in 2016, under the provisions of the Deregulation
Act 2015 which abolished the power of the Secretary of State (SoS) to
directly license any insolvency practitioners. The IPT had acted as an
appeals body for decisions of the SoS in relation to the rejection or
removal of such licenses. As a result of ending practitioner licensing by
the SoS, the IPT was no longer necessary in practice.


As far as I am aware, and please note that I am not a lawyer, there are no
specific exemptions for insolvency practitioners operating as a limited
company in relation to the filing of company accounts and the general
requirements of company law would apply. I note, however, that the
Government has introduced measures to assist businesses during the
COVID-19 pandemic, which include giving companies more time to file their


I have found the following guidance on, which may assist you.


 1. General guidance on requirements in relation to running a company is
available from Companies House, including on the filing of accounts
and penalties for late filing:


 2. Guidance on changes to the law to help businesses, including
extensions for the filing of documents at Companies House during the
COVID-19 pandemic is available here:


Finally, I should explain that all insolvency practitioners are licensed
and regulated by one of four Recognised Professional Bodies, in this case
I understand that Mr Goldstein is authorised by the Insolvency
Practitioners Association. Information on how to make a complaint about an
insolvency practitioner’s conduct is available at:


I trust that the above helps in relation to your enquiries.


Your sincerely

Lee Hewlett | Assistant Head, Insolvency Practitioner Regulation Section |
The Insolvency Service – Delivering economic confidence |
[1][email address] | Tel: 03003048194 | [2]@InsolvencyGovUK
 | [3]

As a result of government instructions to stay at home we have changed the
way we deliver our services. Our focus remains the wellbeing of our
employees, you our customers and supporting the country during the
Coronavirus outbreak. You can find answers to common questions and the
latest information about contacting the Insolvency Service on our
[4]GOV.UK content. Thanks for your co-operation.


show quoted sections

Dear Lee.Hewlett,

Thank you for your helpful advice, it seems Mr Michael Goldstein has changed his Recognised Professional Body from ICAEW to IPA this could have been when he changed company to RG Insolvency Ltd.

Yours sincerely,

Ed Boyce