Dear Northumbria University,
Under the Freedom of information act, I am seeking information related to your entire University’s Access control system, this would likely be information known easily by someone in Estates, facilities or Security.
1. What electronic access control system/s do you currently have in place? (e.g. SALTO, PAXTON, ASSA)
2. How many Doors have access control fitted?
3. Please provide a breakdown of the quantities of different types of Access control setups you have? (e.g. maglock doors, electric strike doors, battery operated electronic handle set, battery operated electronic cylinders etc.)
4. What are the names of the suppliers of your existing access control system?
5. How old is your system?
6. Who manages your sites access control and please provide a direct e-mail and phone number?
7. Do you have a support/maintenance contract for Access control and if so when does this contract expire?
8. How is your access control system Integrated with ID card production (if at all)?
9. What plans for the next 3 years does the University have related to the installation or support/maintenance of Access control?
Please see the attached.
Legal Administrator, Legal Services
T: +44 (0)191 227 4009
E: [email address]
Pandon Building, Camden Street, Legal Services Team, Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 1XE
This email should not be forwarded to external recipients outside Northumbria University without the sender’s permission. Please also note that emails may have to be disclosed by law to external persons or bodies e.g. under the Data Protection or Freedom of Information legislation
Dear Mr Harker,
Please find attached the response to your request.
Duncan James | Data Protection Officer| Records and Information Manager
T: +44 (0)191 243 7357
M: 07849 079 361
E: [email address]
Vice-Chancellor’s Office, Legal Services Team, Northumbria University,
This message is intended solely for the addressee and may contain
confidential and/or legally privileged information. Any use, disclosure or
reproduction without the sender’s explicit consent is unauthorised and may
be unlawful. If you have received this message in error, please notify
Northumbria University immediately and permanently delete it. Any views or
opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of the University. Northumbria University
email is provided by Microsoft Office365 and is hosted within the EEA,
although some information may be replicated globally for backup purposes.
The University cannot guarantee that this message or any attachment is
virus free or has not been intercepted and/or amended.