Dear Heriot-Watt University,
Under the Freedom of information act, I am seeking information related to your entire University’s Access control system, this would likely be information known easily by someone in Estates or Security.
1. What electronic access control system/s do you currently have in place? (e.g. SALTO, PAXTON, ASSA)
2. How many Doors have access control fitted?
3. Please provide a breakdown of the quantities of different types of Access control setups you have? (e.g. maglock doors, electric strike doors, battery operated electronic handle set, battery operated electronic cylinders etc.)
4. What are the names of the suppliers of your existing access control system?
5. How old is your system?
6. Who manages your sites access control and please provide a direct e-mail and phone number?
7. Do you have a support/maintenance contract for Access control and if so when does this contract expire?
8. Is your access control system Integrated with ID card production?
9. What plans for the next 3 years does the University have related to the installation or support/maintenance of Access control?
Thank you for your organisations request dated the 16th November 2018
regarding access control systems. Your request has been handled under our
own country's legislation: the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act
2002. Please also note that our procurement procedures comply with the
Procurement (Scotland) Act 2014.
Our responses are in red below for ease of reference. Please also note
that organisations/companies/firms should consider their obligations under
The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations
2003 (PECR) if considering using the information provided for marketing
Your right to seek review of our decision
If you are not satisfied with our response or our reasoning set-out above,
you have forty working days from today in which to request a review of our
decision. Any request should be put in writing and should be sent to me at
the address detailed at the bottom of this email. The request should:
(a) detail your request for a review of our decision to be undertaken;
(b) describe the nature of your original request; and
(c) explain the reasons why you are dissatisfied with our response.
If you remain dissatisfied with how your request for information has been
dealt with, you also have the right to apply to the Scottish Information
Commissioner for a decision as to whether we have handled your request
Information relating to your right to seek review is available from the
Scottish Information Commissioner's web page at:
or by contacting the Scottish Information Commissioner's Office at the
Scottish Information Commissioner,
Doubledykes Road, St Andrews,
Fife KY16 9DS
Telephone: 01334 464610
Fax: 01334 464611
E-mail: [email address]
Finally, should you wish to discuss the contents of this email, please do
not hesitate to contact me.
Governance and Legal Services
Edinburgh EH14 4AS
E-mail Signature - HWU - YoftheSea - IYOTY
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now