Dear NHS England,
Can you please provide the following information under FOI
1. Please confirm the provider of your outsourced counter fraud services
2. Please confirm the number of staff who are employeed to perform counter fraud activities and their job titles (LCFS etc.) and the working time equivalent spent on counter fraud activities
3. Can you please confirm if the contractor can use the NHS Powers Act 2006
4. Can the outsourced counter fraud organisation obtain information using Memorandums of Understanding and information sharing agreements set up between NHS Protect and various organisations as part of their duties or are they required to go via NHS protect for information.
5. Please give the following statistics for years 2000-2015
How many referrals did the outsourced counter fraud services receive?
How many referrals were classified as No Further Action?
How many cases resulted in disciplinary sanctions?
How many cases resulted in civil sanctions?
How many cases resulted in criminal sanctions?
How many cases in total went to court each year?
Dear S Alexander,
Thank you for your communication dated 5 January 2017.
NHS England has assessed your communication as a request under the Freedom
of Information (FOI) Act 2000. As such, please be assured that your
request is being dealt with under the terms of the FOI Act and will be
answered within twenty working days.
For further information regarding the FOI Act, please refer to the
Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website. For further information
regarding NHS England and the information it publishes please visit our
If you have any queries about this request or wish to contact us again,
please email [NHS England request email] and the message will be
forwarded appropriately. Please remember to quote the above reference
number in any future communications.
Please do not reply to this email. This message has been sent from a
central mailbox. To communicate with NHS England regarding Freedom of
Information (FOI) requests, enquiries or complaints we ask these are sent
directly to NHS England’s customer contact centre. This is to ensure all
communications are progressed correctly. Their postal address, telephone
number and email details are as follows:- PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT;
0300 3 11 22 33, [NHS England request email].
Freedom of Information
Corporate Communications Team
Transformation and Corporate Operations Directorate
PO Box 16738
Tel: 0300 311 22 33
Email: [NHS England request email]
‘High quality care for all, now and for future generations’
1. mailto:[NHS England request email]
2. mailto:[NHS England request email]
3. mailto:[NHS England request email]