Dear Department of Health and Social Care,
Please can you provide the following information under the FOI Act 2000 notably:
1. On what basis did Sir Bill Kirkup recommend there should be a review of the FPPR (Regulation 5)
2. What date did Ministers confirm they accepted Sir Bill Kirkup’s recommendation for a review
3. What date did the review of FPPR commence and what is the expected completion date for the review.
4. Who will be undertaking the review of the FPPR
5. What methodology is being adopted and will case studies be included. If yes to the latter who will decide what case studies are included and
6. Will the DH apply the recommendations from the review retrospectively.
Dr Vivienne Lyfar-Cissé
Thank you for contacting the Department of Health. Please note that
queries are only monitored between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday. This is
an acknowledgement - please do not reply to this email.
If you require medical treatment please dial 111, visit NHS Choices, or
contact your GP surgery. For emergencies please dial 999. The Department
cannot provide clinical advice.
Where a reply is appropriate, we aim to respond within 18 working days, or
20 working days if your query is a Freedom of Information request or
If you have contacted the Department of Health about a current health or
social care campaign, please visit the Gov.uk where a response may have
been published. You may also find it helpful to refer to the Department
of Health's what we do section.
Please note that the Department of Health does not handle complaints about
the NHS or social services. If you wish to make a complaint about a
healthcare professional, an NHS organisation or a social care provider,
please visit the complaints procedure page on Gov.uk.
You can find out more about the Department’s commitments from
our Personal Information Charter.
Incoming and outgoing e-mail messages are routinely monitored for
compliance with the Department of Health's policy on the use of electronic
communications. For more information on the Department of Health's e-mail
policy click here http://www.dh.gov.uk/terms
This email was scanned by the Symantec virus scanning service and was
certified virus free.
Communications may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for