Information on temporary accommodation spending

The request was successful.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to request information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

I would like to receive information about households placed in temporary accommodation by the council. Specifically I would like to know:

- How much did the council spend (gross costs) paying for temporary accommodation in 2016-17?

- Please provide a list of average rates for temporary accommodation used by the council to place people in temporary accommodation over the last year, i.e. single room - £200 per week, double room - £230 per week, triple room - £250 per week, etc

I would like to receive this information in MS Excel format and in the form of an email reply.

If this request is too wide or unclear, I would be grateful if you could contact me as I understand that under the Act you are required to advise and assist requesters. If any of this information is already in the public domain, please can you direct me to it, with page references and URLs if necessary.

I understand that you are required to respond to my request within the 20 working days after you receive this letter. I would be grateful if you could confirm in writing that you have received this request.

Yours faithfully,
Emma Youle

foirequests, Ealing Borough Council

3 Attachments

Dear Emma Youle,


Please find attached response to your recent Freedom of Information


Kind Regards


Stuart O’Brien


Information Governance Officer


Ealing Council

Freedom of Information

3rd  Floor, North East

Perceval House

14-16 Uxbridge Road

London W5 2HL

Tel: (020) 8825 5000


If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your request, you can request
an internal review. 

Details of the Freedom of Information complaints process can be found at:




Your request for an internal review should be submitted to us within 40
working days of your receipt of this response.  Any such request received
after this time will only be considered at our discretion.


If you remain dissatisfied by the outcome of the Internal Review you have
the right to submit your complaint to the Information Commissioner at:


Information Commissioner's Office

Wycliffe House

Water Lane


Cheshire SK9 5AF



show quoted sections


Visible links