Information on Ophthalmology
Freda Jane made this Freedom of Information request to James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Automatic anti-spam measures are in place for this older request. Please let us know if a further response is expected or if you are having trouble responding.
Dear James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust,
Please can you supply the information below:
1. When is the current VR and Phaco ophthalmology contract due to expire?
2. Do you plan to release an OJEU tender for the renewal of this contract?
3. Do you plan to use a national framework for the renewal of this contract? If so which one?
4. What is the volume of the procedures (Phaco and VR) that will be included within the contract?
5. How many Phaco machines do you have? How many Phaco-Vitrectomy machines do you have?
6. What is the age of your Phaco machines?
7. What is the age of your vitrectomy machines?
8. What are your top 3 requirements for the new contract and future awarded supplier to meet?
9. Do you plan to trial potential new suppliers this year? If so which month do you expect to want to trial?
10. Who is the procurement manager responsible for this?
11. What is the total spend on your phaco machine packs?
12. What is the total spend on your VR procedure packs?
13. Are there any other products within the scope of the current phaco and VR contracts and if so, which products are they and who supplies them?
14. Who are the current suppliers of phaco and VR equipment?
15. How do you intend to implement the new ISO 16672/2020 standard pertaining to intraocular liquids purity?
16. Will you plan to use capital or revenue budget to fund the next contract for phaco and VR equipment, ie capital purchase or consumables based agreement?
17. What type of viewing system do you use with your microscope eg Eibos, Biom or 3D system etc?
18. Are you currently looking at Femtosecond Laser for your ophthalmic department?
As you will be aware, as a result of COVID-19, the NHS has returned to the highest alert level. The Trust has been directed to administer the COVID-19 immunisation programme and ensure that patient facing staff are tested twice weekly. As such, our resources are being diverted away from the usual compliance and information rights work to the effective long term management of the virus in line with the Government’s request. Whilst we recognise that statutory timescales cannot be extended, we apologise that there is likely to be a significant delay in responding to your request for information during this extraordinary period.
We will log your request at this time and review the situation as the pressures of the Covid-19 pandemic reduce to enable us to return to responding within the statutory timeline.
Ann Filby MCIPR
Head of Communications & Corporate Affairs
James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Tel: 01493 452162
[James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust request email]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now