Dear Manchester City Council,
I would be most grateful if you would provide me, under the Freedom of Information Act, the following information regarding your facilities management approach:
• Do you outsource Facilities Management?
• If yes, whether in whole or in part, to which supplier(s)?
• Are these Total FM, Hard FM or Soft FM contracts?
• What is the start date and duration of the contract(s) and what is included in each?
• Is there an extension clause in the contract(s) and, if so, what is the duration of the extension?
• Has a decision been made yet on whether the contract(s) are being either extended or renewed?
• What is the annual value of each contract?
• Who is the senior officer (outside of procurement) responsible for the contract(s)?
• Which software solution(s) are used to manage your corporate property/assets including facilities management (CAFM)?
Thank you for your help.
We acknowledge receipt of your request to Manchester City Council,
Information on Current Facilities Management Approach
If your request comes under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) or
the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 (EIR), we will aim to
respond as promptly as we can and by no later than 20 working days.
Sometimes an extension to that timescale will apply and we will let you
know if that is the case.
If some or all of your request needs to be considered under processes
other than those provided by FOIA or EIR, different timescales may apply.
In particular, any part of your request that concerns your own personal
information will be considered in line with your rights under data
protection legislation (including the right of access) and we will aim to
provide you with a response in respect of that part of your request
without undue delay and by no later than one calendar month, unless an
extension to that timescale applies (we will let you know if that is the
The reference number for your request is FOI/4630.
Please note that Manchester City Council is currently handling a large
volume of business critical work aimed towards the protection and
safeguarding of at risk groups during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Accordingly, Freedom of Information/subject access requests made to
Manchester City Council during the COVID-19 outbreak may have a longer
response period than that stated above. The response that you receive may
also not be complete in whole or in part. This is because:
* Responding to your request may require business area resource which is
currently directed towards direct aid of members of the public during
the COVID-19 outbreak. Directing resources towards responding to your
request could result in vital care of service not being delivered, and
may expose individuals to COVID-19;?
* Under central government guidance to help prevent the spread of
COVID-19, all Manchester City Council staff who are able to are
working from home until further notice. As such they may not be able
to get hold of certain information which cannot be accessed remotely,
and accessing it would potentially expose the individual to COVID-19.
Should you have any further inquiries concerning your request, please
reply to this email leaving the subject line unchanged.
Manchester City Council
Your personal data is very important to us. Please refer to our privacy
notice at www.manchester.gov.uk/privacy for further information.
Dear John Mann
Re: Request for Information – Information on Current Facilities Management
Approach – Reference Number: FOI/4630
Thank you for your request for information, which was received by
Manchester City Council on 19/04/2021 and has been considered under the
provisions of the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 (“the EIR”).
We can confirm that the Council does hold the requested information and it
Do you outsource Facilities Management? Yes
• If yes, whether in whole or in part, to which supplier(s)? Mitie
for security, Engie for repairs & maintenance.
• Are these Total FM, Hard FM or Soft FM contracts? Soft & Hard.
• What is the start date and duration of the contract(s) and what is
included in each?
Mitie for security – April 20 - March 23
Engie for repairs and maintenance – May 19 - April 22
• Is there an extension clause in the contract(s) and, if so, what
is the duration of the extension? Both have possible 1 yr extensions.
• Has a decision been made yet on whether the contract(s) are being
either extended or renewed? Not currently
• What is the annual value of each contract? 5 Million pounds
• Who is the senior officer (outside of procurement) responsible for
the contract(s)? Steve Southern – Head of FM.
• Which software solution(s) are used to manage your corporate
property/assets including facilities management (CAFM)? We use Concerto
to manage these
Information about the re-use of council information is available
If you wish to re-use this information, please follow the application
process described. Your request will be considered in accordance with the
Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2015.
Please note if you are not satisfied with this response you may ask for an
internal review. If you have received this response by email the best way
to submit a request for internal review is to respond directly to the
email, leaving the email's subject line unchanged. Alternatively, you can
contact the Council's Information Compliance Team
at [email address] or Democratic Services Legal Team, PO Box 532,
Town Hall, Manchester, M60 2LA. A copy of the Council’s information rights
complaints procedure can be downloaded
If you do not have internet access and require a paper copy, please let me
If you are not happy with the outcome of the internal review process once
it is completed, you have the right to apply directly to the Information
Commissioner for a decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted
Information Commissioner's Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113
Fax: 01625 524510
Email: [email address]
The Information Commissioner will generally expect that you have exhausted
the Council’s Information Complaints Procedure before she will consider a
If you have any queries about this letter, please contact me. Please
remember to quote the reference number above in any future
communications. If you have received this response by email, please leave
the email's subject line unchanged when responding to it.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now