Information about your dealings with Stonewall [Extraneous material removed]
Dear Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust,
This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA). Please provide any information that you hold answering to any of the following descriptions:
1. Any application you made in 2019 or 2020 to be a “Stonewall Diversity Champion” or to be included on Stonewall’s “Workplace Equality Index,” including any attachments or appendices to those applications. Please redact personal details if necessary.
2. Any feedback you received in 2019 or 2020 from Stonewall in relation to either application or programme.
3. Any other communication you have received from Stonewall in 2019 or 2020 unless privileged or otherwise exempt from disclosure (but if you claim privilege or exemption in relation to any material, please say in broad terms what the material is and the basis on which you claim to be entitled to withhold it).
4. Full details of any equality impact assessment you carried out connected with any of these applications (including any equality impact assessment carried out prior to an earlier application of the same kind, if no further assessment was done).
5. Details of the total amount of money you paid to Stonewall (i) in 2019; (ii) in 2020, whether or not as payment for goods or services.
6. Whether you intend to continue your membership of any Stonewall scheme in the future, and if so which.
Further to your Freedom of information request.
Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is committed to the Freedom of Information Act 2000. However, the NHS is facing unprecedented challenges relating to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic at the current time. Understandably, our resources have been diverted to support our front-line colleagues who are working tremendously hard to provide care for our patients, and to those in need of our services.
We strive to be transparent and to work with an open culture. But at this time, whilst care of our patients and the safety of our staff takes precedence, it is likely that responses to some requests for information may be delayed. The Information Commissioners Office also recognises the current situation in the NHS and within a recent decision notice the Commissioner wished “to place on record her understanding of the immense pressures placed on public authorities during the coronavirus pandemic. She is sympathetic to the difficult decisions such authorities must make, between prioritising front-line services and continuing to meet their obligations under the FOIA. The Commissioner has made it clear that she will allow flexibility where this is required by public authorities in order to respond to the pandemic”.
Therefore, we would ask you to consider withdrawing your request and submitting it at a future date so our services can concentrate on pandemic planning and recovery.
Please advise if you would be willing to withdraw this FOI request; this would be greatly appreciated at this time.
Corporate HQ Administration Team
2nd Floor, Fitzwilliam House, Skimped Hill Lane, Bracknell RG12 1BQ
Please find attached our response to your FOI request.
Freedom of Information Officer/Executive Assistant
Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now