Dear Health and Safety Executive,
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 I seek the following information about the
organisations information technology team and infrastructure equipment:
1. What is your annual IT Infrastructure Budget for 2016, 2017 & 2018?
2. What storage vendor(s) and model do you currently use?
3. When was the installation date of above storage vendor(s)? (Month/year)
4. When is your planned (or estimated) storage refresh date? (Month/year)
5. What is your estimated budget for the refresh?
6. What is the capacity of the storage data in TB?
7. The total number of IT staff employed by the organization:
8. Please list and provide contact details for the IT senior management team including
CIO, IT Director and Infrastructure Architects if applicable:
9. Please confirm if you are utilising desktop virtualisation technologies and if so how
many users do you provide services for?
10. What backup software do you use?
11. How much data do you backup in TB?
12. Number of servers?
13. What operating system(s) do you use?
14. Number of virtualised servers?
15. What percentage of your environment is virtualised?
16. If you outsource your IT works, please provide who it is with and when the contract started and ends.
17. Please also name all of the IT re-sellers that you work with and buy from, as well as the frameworks that you use for the release of any tenders etc.
18. Please also approximate the time spent managing your IT systems, specifically storage, per week in the unit of man hours. Also approximate the amount of time taken carving out LUNs and/or Volumes.
19. Please list any and all pain points that the IT teams, and organisation as a whole, experience with regard to the storage and usage of the virtualised workloads.
20. How is your storage connected, i.e. via Fibre Channel, Ethernet (NFS or ISCSi). If your storage is currently connected via Fibre Channel, do you have access to 10 GB Ethernet, or 1 GB ethernet, and if so, please declare which.
Thank you for emailing the Health and Safety Executive. This is an automatic acknowledgement to tell you we have received your email.
Please note this email account is for the submitting of FOI requests via the 'whatdotheyknow' website only. For all other FOIs requests please refer to http://www.hse.gov.uk/foi/your-right-to-...
HSE publishes a comprehensive range of information and guidance on our website. You can find out what the health and safety law requires by searching under the relevant topic or industry section, and all of our publications are free to download. HSE does not operate a telephone helpline for general health and safety information. If you need to engage the services of a health and safety consultant, you may wish to visit the Occupational Safety and Health Consultants Register (OSHCR).
If your email is a request for advice, please visit http://www.hse.gov.uk/contact/informatio...
If your email is about a concern, please visit http://www.hse.gov.uk/contact/complaints...
If you wish to report an incident, please visit http://www.hse.gov.uk/riddor/index.htm
Thank you for contacting the Health and Safety Executive.
Please see attached an acknowledgement of your request with a reference
Helen McGlown | Information Management Unit | Freedom of Information
Unit Health & Safety Executive | Knowledge Centre 1G Redgrave Court,
Merton Road, Bootle L20 7HS |
This is just to let you know that on this occasion HSE will not be able to respond within the 20 day deadline. We anticipate that you will have a response to your request within the next week.
I apologise for the delay but further time is needed to collate the required information.
Helen McGlown | Information Management Unit | Freedom of Information Unit Health & Safety Executive | Knowledge Centre 1G Redgrave Court, Merton Road, Bootle L20 7HS |
Please see attached response.
Helen McGlown PC.foi | Information Management Unit | Freedom of Information Unit Health & Safety Executive | Knowledge Centre 1G Redgrave Court, Merton Road, Bootle L20 7HS |