Dear University of Salford,
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 I seek the following information about the
organisations information technology team and infrastructure equipment:
1. What is your annual IT Infrastructure Budget for 2016, 2017 & 2018?
2. What storage vendor(s) and model do you currently use?
3. When was the installation date of above storage vendor(s)? (Month/year)
4. When is your planned (or estimated) storage refresh date? (Month/year)
5. What is your estimated budget for the refresh?
6. What is the capacity of the storage data in TB?
7. The total number of IT staff employed by the organization:
8. Please list and provide contact details for the IT senior management team including
CIO, IT Director and Infrastructure Architects if applicable:
9. Please confirm if you are utilising desktop virtualisation technologies and if so how
many users do you provide services for?
10. What backup software do you use?
11. How much data do you backup in TB?
12. Number of servers?
13. What operating system(s) do you use?
14. Number of virtualised servers?
15. What percentage of your environment is virtualised?
16. If you outsource your IT works, please provide who it is with and when the contract started and ends.
17. Please also name all of the IT re-sellers that you work with and buy from, as well as the frameworks that you use for the release of any tenders etc.
18. Please also approximate the time spent managing your IT systems, specifically storage, per week in the unit of man hours. Also approximate the amount of time taken carving out LUNs and/or Volumes.
19. Please list any and all pain points that the IT teams, and organisation as a whole, experience with regard to the storage and usage of the virtualised workloads.
20. How is your storage connected, i.e. via Fibre Channel, Ethernet (NFS or ISCSi). If your storage is currently connected via Fibre Channel, do you have access to 10 GB Ethernet, or 1 GB ethernet, and if so, please declare which.
This is an automated email, sent in response to an email to
[University of Salford request email].
If your email is a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000,
please consider this email an acknowledgement of your request.
Your request will be considered and you will receive the information
requested within the statutory timescale of 20 working days as defined by
the Act, subject to the information not being exempt or containing a
reference to a third party.
For your information, the Act defines a number of exemptions which may
prevent release of the information you have requested. There will be an
assessment and if any of the exemption categories apply then the
information will not be released. You will be informed if this is the
case, including your rights of appeal.
If the information you request contains reference to a third party then
they may be consulted prior to a decision being taken on whether or not to
release the information to you. You will be informed if this is the case.
There may a fee payable for this information. This will be considered and
you will be informed if a fee is payable. In this event the fee must be
paid before the information is processed and released. The 20 working day
time limit for responses is suspended until receipt of the payment.
If you have any queries or concerns then please contact me at the address
below, alternatively further information is also available from the
Information Commissioner at: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe
House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, telephone: 01625 545 700
or online: www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk .
Head of Information Governance | Legal & Governance Directorate
Room 620 Maxwell Building, University of Salford, Salford M5 4WT
t: +44 (0) 161 295 6856
[email address] | www.infogov.salford.ac.uk/
Dear Ms Cornish,
Thank you for your recent request made under the Freedom of Information
Your request has been considered. Please find the University’s response
Matthew Stephenson FIRMS
Head of Information Governance
Legal & Governance Directorate
620 Maxwell Building, University of Salford, Salford M5 4WT
t: +44 (0) 161 295 6856
[email address]| www.salford.ac.uk