Information about the organisations information technology team and infrastructure equipment
Dear University of Abertay Dundee,
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 I seek the following information about the
organisations information technology team and infrastructure equipment:
1. What is your annual IT Infrastructure Budget for 2016, 2017 & 2018?
2. What storage vendor(s) and model do you currently use?
3. When was the installation date of above storage vendor(s)? (Month/year)
4. When is your planned (or estimated) storage refresh date? (Month/year)
5. What is your estimated budget for the refresh?
6. What is the capacity of the storage data in TB?
7. The total number of IT staff employed by the organization:
8. Please list and provide contact details for the IT senior management team including
CIO, IT Director and Infrastructure Architects if applicable:
9. Please confirm if you are utilising desktop virtualisation technologies and if so how
many users do you provide services for?
10. What backup software do you use?
11. How much data do you backup in TB?
12. Number of servers?
13. What operating system(s) do you use?
14. Number of virtualised servers?
15. What percentage of your environment is virtualised?
16. If you outsource your IT works, please provide who it is with and when the contract started and ends.
17. Please also name all of the IT re-sellers that you work with and buy from, as well as the frameworks that you use for the release of any tenders etc.
18. Please also approximate the time spent managing your IT systems, specifically storage, per week in the unit of man hours. Also approximate the amount of time taken carving out LUNs and/or Volumes.
19. Please list any and all pain points that the IT teams, and organisation as a whole, experience with regard to the storage and usage of the virtualised workloads.
20. How is your storage connected, i.e. via Fibre Channel, Ethernet (NFS or ISCSi). If your storage is currently connected via Fibre Channel, do you have access to 10 GB Ethernet, or 1 GB ethernet, and if so, please declare which.
Dear Ms Hatchard,
Thank you for your enquiry, which has been logged and passed to the
relevant department within the University for processing. Please quote
the reference number on the subject line above, should you need to contact
the University regarding this request.
The University will make every effort to provide you with the information
requested; if any clarification is required, the University will contact
you as soon as possible.
In some circumstances, it may not be possible to provide you with an
answer to your enquiry. Where the University believes this is the case,
you will be informed in writing, stating the reason(s).
If the information you are seeking is already published by the University,
or is otherwise available to members of the public, you will be sent
details outlining how to access the information.
You will be advised if it is necessary for the University to charge a fee
to cover the costs of processing your request. Should this be the case,
please note the information cannot be released until such payment is
If you have any questions regarding your request for information, please
DUNDEE DD1 1HG
Abertay University is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC016040
Dear Ms Hatchard
Please find attached the response to your request.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now