Information about the organisations information technology team and infrastructure equipment
Dear Scottish Natural Heritage,
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 I seek the following information about the
organisations information technology team and infrastructure equipment:
1. What is your annual IT Infrastructure Budget for 2016, 2017 & 2018?
2. What storage vendor(s) and model do you currently use?
3. When was the installation date of above storage vendor(s)? (Month/year)
4. When is your planned (or estimated) storage refresh date? (Month/year)
5. What is your estimated budget for the refresh?
6. What is the capacity of the storage data in TB?
7. The total number of IT staff employed by the organization:
8. Please list and provide contact details for the IT senior management team including
CIO, IT Director and Infrastructure Architects if applicable:
9. Please confirm if you are utilising desktop virtualisation technologies and if so how
many users do you provide services for?
10. What backup software do you use?
11. How much data do you backup in TB?
12. Number of servers?
13. What operating system(s) do you use?
14. Number of virtualised servers?
15. What percentage of your environment is virtualised?
16. If you outsource your IT works, please provide who it is with and when the contract started and ends.
17. Please also name all of the IT re-sellers that you work with and buy from, as well as the frameworks that you use for the release of any tenders etc.
18. Please also approximate the time spent managing your IT systems, specifically storage, per week in the unit of man hours. Also approximate the amount of time taken carving out LUNs and/or Volumes.
19. Please list any and all pain points that the IT teams, and organisation as a whole, experience with regard to the storage and usage of the virtualised workloads.
20. How is your storage connected, i.e. via Fibre Channel, Ethernet (NFS or ISCSi). If your storage is currently connected via Fibre Channel, do you have access to 10 GB Ethernet, or 1 GB ethernet, and if so, please declare which.
Dear Ms Hatchard,
Thank you for your information request. We will reply to you as soon as possible and in any case by 1 February.
Dear Ms Hatchard,
Thank you for your information request. I've attached our response.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about our response or any problems with the attached documents.