Indefinite Leave to Remain as Husband/Wife

Shumila made this Freedom of Information request to Home Office

The request was refused by Home Office.

From: Shumila

Dear Sirs/Madam,

I came to the United Kingdom in 2001, as the wife of a British
citizen. Unfortunately, I was not aware that I had to apply for an
Indefinite Leave to Remain before the expiry of my 12 months VISA.
In 2006, the Home Offices raided my address and I have sice been
signing on at the Home Office in Leeds. I have a four year child,
who was born in the UK and I am living with my husband. In October
2006, I applied for Indefinite Leave to Remain. I received
acknowedgement from the Home Office. I have had no response and my
application is on a waiting list. How long is it going to take, as
my husband's British Passport and other documents are with the Home

Yours faithfully,

Shumila Yassin

Link to this

From: Shumila

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am rather disappointed at your lack of response, but not
surprised! I would like to remind you that you are under a duty to
respond to my request, under the Freedom of Information Act.

Mrs. Shumila Yassin

Yours sincerely,

Link to this

From: Shumila

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am still awaiting for your response. I am awaiting for Indefinite
Leave to Remain. It has been over two years now and I have had no
response; despite several phone calls, letter from my MP and most
recently a letter from my solicitor. I would like to reiterate that
I am in a subsisting marriage with a British citizen and I have a
child aged 5; who is a British citizen.

I woul like to know why is it taking so long to grant me Indefinite
Leave to Remain, in a straight forward case like mine?

Yours sincerely,


Link to this

From: IND Public Enquiries

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Please be advised that we are unable to respond to enquiries about
outstanding applications by e-mail.

You are advised to send your enquiry by letter to UK Border Agency, Lunar
House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon CR9 2BY. Please include your full name,
nationality and date of birth, your home office reference number (if you
have one) and full details of your application in the letter.

I am sorry that we are unable to assist you further by e-mail.

Yours faithfully,

Elaine Newman
Immigration Group
UK Border Agency

If you intend to reply to this e-mail, please ensure that you re-send all
the information from your original enquiry.

show quoted sections

Link to this

Shumila left an annotation ()

Hi there after nearly 4 years the home office refused my application, An individual in the home office at leeds namely KUTNER refused my application on pathetic grounds. Anyway I appealed before a tribunal and won the case on Indecretionate Leave to Remain. These people at the HO are thick or stupid or retards!!!!

So I am happy now, but mentally tortured for nearly 4 years. I am going to complaint to the HO, in the future

Link to this

harprit singh left an annotation ()

Dear Sirs,

im here on a 5 yrs work permit & im due to apply for the ILR & i want to include my wife who is on work permit dependent visa & has been here in uk for 1 &half years,i would be glad if u can tell me that can i include my wife in the SET O form for the ILR.


Link to this

Things to do with this request

Home Office only:

Follow this request

There are 4 people following this request

Offensive? Unsuitable?

Requests for personal information and vexatious requests are not considered valid for FOI purposes (read more).

If you believe this request is not suitable, you can report it for attention by the site administrators

Report this request

Act on what you've learnt

Similar requests

ilr set (m)

To UK Border Agency by faz


To Home Office by vasu dev

More similar requests

Event history details

Are you the owner of any commercial copyright on this page?