This is an HTML version of an attachment to the Freedom of Information request 'Incidents of plagiarism during 2012/13'.

Dr James Knapton 
Information Compliance Officer 
Mr Scott 
By email 
Reference: FOI-2013-216 
16 July 2013 
Dear Mr Scott, 
Your request was received on 8 July 2013 and I am dealing with it under the terms of the Freedom of 
Information Act 2000 (‘the Act’). 
You asked for: 
“The number of students that have been found to have plagiarised exam coursework on any 
undergraduate course in the past five academic years (2008/09 2009/10, 2010/11, 2011/12, 
2012/13)? Please could I have a breakdown by year and by course if possible.” 

Students are formally disciplined at the University of Cambridge under the General Regulations for 
Discipline and through a Tribunal, a Court of Discipline or a Summary Court. Information on the 
workings of these processes is set out at: 
Information about the outcome of proceedings before these bodies is published by way of a ‘Notice’ in 
the Reporter, the University’s official journal. In the academic years 2008-09 to date, there has been 
just 1 case concerning plagiarism in relation to undergraduate students. The relevant Notice is 
published online at: 
If you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to your request and wish to make a 
complaint or request an internal review of this decision, you should write to Dr Kirsty Allen, Head of the 
Registrary’s Office, quoting the reference above, at The Old Schools, Trinity Lane, Cambridge, CB2 
1TN or send an email marked for her attention to The University would normally 
expect to receive your request for an internal review within 40 working days of the date of this letter and 
The Old Schools 
Trinity Lane 
Cambridge, CB2 1TN 
Tel: +44 (0) 1223 764142 
Fax: +44 (0) 1223 332332 

reserves the right not to review a decision where there has been undue delay in raising a complaint. If 
you are not content with the outcome of your review, you may apply directly to the Information 
Commissioner for a decision. Generally, the Information Commissioner cannot make a decision unless 
you have exhausted the complaints procedure provided by the University. The Information 
Commissioner may be contacted at: The Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water 
Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF ( 
Yours sincerely, 
James Knapton