Impact of Dragados/Harbour Expansion on the environment
Dear Aberdeen Harbour Board,
Given the absolutely catastrophic failure of your chosen contractor, Dragados, to fulfil its contract with you to provide a deepwate harbor at Bay of Nigg, Torry ('the project'), please advise:
* how are you monitoring the impact on marine life and wildlife of the construction from start of the project through now.
* supply minutes of any meetings that pertain to environmental impacts on wildlife, land, marine life, air quality.
* supply a list of any and all hazardous chemicals used by Dragados or their subcontractors at Bay of Nigg or anywhere in connection to the project
* supply a list of any hazardous substance spills that would or could have impacted the environment concerning the project
* supply a list of any individuals harmed by environmentally hazardous chemical use concerning the project
* were any dead animals found in the water or on land on the construction site? Were they logged, checked for hazardous substances
* Details of your Carbon footprint impact study for the construction phase and subsequent projections for use of the harbour
* supply any minutes in which St Fittick's / any green areas in Aberdeen are identified as being needed by the harbour board for the project.
You are required by law to provide this information in a timely and complete manner. I mention this as you did not respond to my previous requests to hold internal reviews following my previous two FOI requests - although you did indicate you were in receipt of my requests for internal review and would be getting back to me: I have been more than patient, and if you cannot tell me you had those internal reviews and send me the results before 9 July, I will report the matters to the Scottish Information Commissioner and request they investigate your failure to act as required by law.
Dear Aberdeen Harbour Board,
I wish to further clarify a few points for you:
1. AHB took a decision to stop communicating with me via this website and emailed my personal email address. This request is made on the WDTK website and will remain here; you do not have my permission to reply to this request anywhere but here.
2. In my previous correspondence, AHB tried to indicate it did not have to answer FOI requests; this is true - but you are bound in law to supply environmental requests, which this request and my old one clearly are.
2. My earlier request for environmental information via this website resulted in AHB declaring it did not know what I meant by an 'internal review' when I requested one.
I suggest that AHB contact the Scottish Information Commissioner if it still is not clear on how this works, what it must answer, or what an internal request is.
This is a fresh request for information, and if I am allowed to under FOI/EIR law, I will be seeking the Information Commissioner's help to investigate how my old request was dealt with by you. I exxpect full, comprehensive answers to be posted on this website within the time frame law allows you and no later.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now