Impact of cats in housing association properties
Dear Yorkshire Housing,
I would be grateful if you would be willing to provide some or all of the information below:
1. In which percentage of your properties are cats allowed to be kept in?
2. If you allow cats, is there a limit for how many cats per household, and if so, what is that limit?
3. In how many instances has your housing association had to take action to remove or ask for the removal of cats from your properties in 2015 and 2016 (to date)?
4. Are you aware of instances of tenants keeping cats in large numbers e.g. 5 or more? If so, on how many instances in the past year, including current ones?
5. On how many occasions in 2015 and 2016 (to date) have you had to deal with complaints from residents about a tenant keeping too many cats, or keeping cats in unsound conditions?
6. Who do you ask for help or advice in dealing with cats that need to be removed from one of your properties (if the RSPCA, please name specific branch)?
7. How many calls did you receive in 2015 and 2016 to date about stray or abandoned cats in your area or estate.
8. How many residents were evicted because they were keeping one or more cats against the rules, in 2015 and 2016?
9. How much (£) does your housing association spend repairing and cleaning properties that have been damaged by cats in 2015 and 2016 to date.
Thank you for contacting Yorkshire Housing Customer Services. We
acknowledge receipt of your email and will respond within 2 working days.
If your enquiry is urgent or an emergency please contact us on 0345
Yorkshire Housing Limited is a charitable housing association (No.30443R)
Homes & Communities Agency (No.L4521) Registered office: Dysons Chambers,
12 – 14 Briggate, Leeds, LS1 6ER.
Please consider the environment – only print this email if absolutely
This electronic message contains information from Yorkshire Housing which
may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for
the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the
intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or
use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have
received this electronic message in error, I apologise and please notify
us by telephone or email (to the numbers or address above) immediately.
All reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure no viruses are
present in this email. Yorkshire Housing cannot accept responsibility for
loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments and
recommend that you subject these to virus checking procedures prior to
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now