I am requesting information on licencing and enforcement of displays lasers for entertainment purposes.
Dear Oxfordshire County Council,
This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act for full disclosure of and publication of:
1. The number of temporary event licence applications you have received for each of the past 5 years where the use of display layers was involved?
2. Number of venues in your district which have requested as part of their licence conditions permission to use display lasers:
3 a) The number of complaints received regarding laser use at licensed and unlicensed events or premises for each of the last 5 years. Please provide separately the number of these which relate to intentional audience scanning.
3 b) For each complaint describe what action was taken as a result of the complaint:
4. The number of event and premises licenses which :
a) Ban or prohibit the use of lasers
b) Ban or prohibit the use of audience scanning with lasers
c) Stipulate conditions to promote the safe operation and installation of such equipment
5. Nature and type of enforcement action undertaken to deal with display lasers in each of the last 5 years. Please provide an outline of the regulations applied to any enforcement action undertaken.
6) The nature and extent of training given to enforcement staff in respect of display laser safety to include:
1. The number of staff trained in your authority
2. Please provide an outline of the type of training received, whether a cost was incurred for the training, the frequency (if any) that update training is required.
7) Should further assistance be necessary in dealing with lasers, where would you turn for external assistance?
A) The Health Protection Agency
B) Professional bodies such as CIEH, IOSH,
C) Independent Laser Company
Dear Ms Davidson,
Thank you for your information request.
In Oxfordshire, the licensing process in this regard is the responsibility of licensing officers from the five district councils. Investigations would be undertaken either by the district council or the Health and Safety Executive. Oxfordshire County Council does not hold the information you have requested.
If you are dissatisfied with the service or response to your request you can ask for an internal review as follows:
Contact the central Complaints & Freedom of Information team in Law & Governance: [Oxfordshire County Council request email] Use the online complaints form on our website: www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/complaints Write to the Complaints & Freedom of Information team at the FREEPOST address: Complaints and Comments; Oxfordshire County Council; FREEPOST (SCE 7709); Oxford OX1 1YA.
If you remain dissatisfied with the handling of your request or complaint, you have a right to appeal to the Information Commissioner at: The Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. Or by telephone (0303 123 1113) or their website: www.ico.gov.uk.
Please let me know if you have further enquiries. I would be grateful if you could use the reference number given at the top of this email.
Complaints and FOI Officer
Oxfordshire County Council
Law and Governance
Complaints and Freedom of Information Team
Oxford OX1 1ND
This email, including attachments, may contain confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender by reply and delete it immediately. Views expressed by the sender may not be those of Oxfordshire County Council. Council emails are subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000. http://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/emaildiscl...