I am requesting information on licencing and enforcement of displays lasers for entertainment purposes.
Dear Gravesham Borough Council,
This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act for full disclosure of and publication of:
1. The number of temporary event licence applications you have received for each of the past 5 years where the use of display layers was involved?
2. Number of venues in your district which have requested as part of their licence conditions permission to use display lasers:
3 a) The number of complaints received regarding laser use at licensed and unlicensed events or premises for each of the last 5 years. Please provide separately the number of these which relate to intentional audience scanning.
3 b) For each complaint describe what action was taken as a result of the complaint:
4. The number of event and premises licenses which :
a) Ban or prohibit the use of lasers
b) Ban or prohibit the use of audience scanning with lasers
c) Stipulate conditions to promote the safe operation and installation of such equipment
5. Nature and type of enforcement action undertaken to deal with display lasers in each of the last 5 years. Please provide an outline of the regulations applied to any enforcement action undertaken.
6) The nature and extent of training given to enforcement staff in respect of display laser safety to include:
1. The number of staff trained in your authority
2. Please provide an outline of the type of training received, whether a cost was incurred for the training, the frequency (if any) that update training is required.
7) Should further assistance be necessary in dealing with lasers, where would you turn for external assistance?
A) The Health Protection Agency
B) Professional bodies such as CIEH, IOSH,
C) Independent Laser Company
Dear Ms Davidson,
Thank you for your email. This has been passed to our Freedom of Information team for their attention, and to contact you.
If you have further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Customer Services Section
Gravesham Borough Council
Tel: 01474 33 70 00
email: [Gravesham Borough Council request email]
Gravesham Borough Council - Connecting with the Community
Dear Ms Davidson
Thank you for your information request of 5 January 2012, requesting information about display lasers for entertainment licensing. Your request has been allocated the following reference number: IR0008, to assist us in handling your request, please quote this reference in any future communications relating to this matter.
Your request has been forwarded to the relevant department(s) and depending on the nature of your request it will be dealt with under one of the following:
1. Freedom of Information Act 2000
2. Environmental Information Regulations 2004 or
3. Data Protection Act 1998
If it is either 1 or 2 you can expect to receive a response within twenty working days and, therefore, the closing date for your request will be 2 February 2012.
However, if you have requested personal information about yourself or on behalf of someone else your request will be dealt with under the Data Protection Act 1998 as a Subject Access Request (SAR). There will be a fee of a minimum of £10 to enable us to respond to this request and the relevant department will contact you with further details and a date by which time you should receive the information.
If you have any queries about this request do not hesitate to contact us at [email address] (do not reply to this email it may not go to a monitored mailbox). Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications.
Gravesham Borough Council
Civic Centre, Windmill Street, Gravesend, Kent, DA12 1AU.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now