I am requesting information on licencing and enforcement of displays lasers for entertainment purposes.
Dear Glasgow City Council,
This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act for full disclosure of and publication of:
1. The number of temporary event licence applications you have received for each of the past 5 years where the use of display layers was involved?
2. Number of venues in your district which have requested as part of their licence conditions permission to use display lasers:
3 a) The number of complaints received regarding laser use at licensed and unlicensed events or premises for each of the last 5 years. Please provide separately the number of these which relate to intentional audience scanning.
3 b) For each complaint describe what action was taken as a result of the complaint:
4. The number of event and premises licenses which :
a) Ban or prohibit the use of lasers
b) Ban or prohibit the use of audience scanning with lasers
c) Stipulate conditions to promote the safe operation and installation of such equipment
5. Nature and type of enforcement action undertaken to deal with display lasers in each of the last 5 years. Please provide an outline of the regulations applied to any enforcement action undertaken.
6) The nature and extent of training given to enforcement staff in respect of display laser safety to include:
1. The number of staff trained in your authority
2. Please provide an outline of the type of training received, whether a cost was incurred for the training, the frequency (if any) that update training is required.
7) Should further assistance be necessary in dealing with lasers, where would you turn for external assistance?
A) The Health Protection Agency
B) Professional bodies such as CIEH, IOSH,
C) Independent Laser Company
New Service Request was submitted: RQST00003771451
You can simply reply to this Email, and your reply
will automatically be associated with this Service Request
Please find attached response in respect of the above enquiry.
Should you have any difficulty in opening the attachment, please let us
know and we can send a paper copy to you.
Freedom of Information Team
Land and Environmental Services
Glasgow City Council
231 George Street
Tel direct: 0141 287 9063
E-mail: [email address]
Glasgow - Proud Host City of the 2014 Commonwealth Games and Host Council
of the 2012 Olympic Games
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now