HRS and Employability Contracts

M Makam made this Freedom of Information request to Belfast City Council

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

Belfast City Council did not have the information requested.

Dear Belfast City Council,

I would like to request details about the Council's:
1. Contracted Housing Related Support services (including accommodation based support, floating support, rough sleeper and Housing First services) and

2. Contracted Adult Employability Services (not including skills and training)

For each individual contract over £50,000 per annum, could the Council please provide the following information:
• Contract name
• Contract start and end date
• Contract value (please indicate total or annual)
• The current contract provider
• Owner of the building the contract is delivered from
• The client group (please include contracts for single homeless, families, young people and rough sleepers)
• Number of clients supported under the contract
• Whether there is an intention to extend or reprocure the contract
• Lead commissioner name and contact details

Yours faithfully,

M Makam

Records - Chief Exec Records Manager, Belfast City Council

Dear M Makam

Thank you for your email dated 21 May 2018 requesting, under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, information on HRS and Employability Contracts.

I must advise you that Belfast City Council does not hold the information you have requested. This is because in Northern Ireland local government district councils, such as Belfast City Council, do not have responsibility for housing or social services.

I can, however, advise you that the regional housing authority is the Northern Ireland Housing Executive (NIHE). Should you wish to forward part one of your request to the NIHE you may send it by e-mail to [email address] or by post to the Records Officer, NIHE, The Housing Centre, Belfast, BT2 8GD.

The Belfast Health and Social Care Trust (BH&SCT), as far as I am aware, is the statutory body responsible for social car in the Belfast area. Should you wish to forward the second part of your request to the BH&SCT you may send it by email to [email address].

If you are dissatisfied with how the Council handled your request for information, you have the right to request that the Council formally review this decision. If you wish to do so, please write to the Records Manager, Chief Executive’s Department, Belfast City Council, City Hall, Belfast, BT1 5GS.

Should you remain dissatisfied following the Council's internal review, you can seek an independent review from the Information Commissioner. Requests for an independent review should be made in writing to: The Information Commissioner, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. However, I would advise you that the Information Commissioner has indicated that a review will not be undertaken unless the Council has first had an opportunity to re-consider its decision.

If you have any queries about this e-mail, please contact me.

Yours sincerely
Information Governance Unit
Belfast City Council

show quoted sections