Dear Department for Work and Pensions,
1. Please can you furnish the statistics on how many 'vulnerable and disabled' individuals have suffered 'severe levels of hardship', 'sanctions' and 'stopped payments' since the Governments merger of 'legacy benefit(s)' into one 'Universal Credit' payment?
1.a) In respect for the understanding to the meaning of 'vulnerable and disabled' it shall be taken to be the meaning of those who are considered to be both 'vulnerable' and 'disabled', and 'non-vulnerable' but equally 'disabled' as defined in Section 6 of the Human Rights Act 1998.
1.b) In respect for understanding to the meaning of 'Severe Levels of Hardship': I mean to say, that those people who, under the legacy system, would have been entitled to 'ANY' financial assistance, (whether that be crisis loan, community support grant or budgeting loans, or any other kind of hardship payment or token of support [such as the use or referral or direction to a foodbank] would be considered a token of support, but not financial assistance).
2. Please can you furnish the statistics on how many people have been 'sanctioned', and for what reason they were sanctioned for (with exception to the limitation or redaction of private data to protect individual rights under the Data Protection Act 1998.) and what year they were sanctioned, during the period that Universal Credit has been in place?
3. Please can you furnish the DWP Guidelines and Internal Targets for Staff (if any exist) towards Customers of Universal Credit, or the legacy benefits system (if any exist), in respect of Staff Performance, Bonuses and What those Bonuses, if any, are for, during the period that Universal Credit has been in place?
4. Please can you furnish a list of Internal Targets for Sanctioning Claimants on Universal Credit, during the period that Universal Credit has been in place, if any exist?
5. Please can you furnish the DWP Management Guidelines on the 'Target Culture' whereby area managers are being 'overly competitive' in regional and local offices against each other, in order to collectively increase the output of internal agents within each local office or area respectively, during the period that Universal Credit has been in place?
5.a) by 'Target Culture' i mean to say that it is the process where staff are encouraged to complete any kind of target or objective irrespective of the ethical questionability or return liability of the target to be completed.
5.b) This could include for example a target number of sanctions set by an area manager for a staff member to obtain in any given time period as 'performance related bonuses' to be in a competitive edge against other jobcenters.
6. Please can you furnish the total statistical number of Claimants that have suffered severe or serious mental health problems, and/or severe physical harm and/or suicide, after being sanctioned during the period that Universal Credit has been in place?.
7. Please can you furnish the statistics of how much money in figures, that has been Issued to customers as a 'benefit advance', within the first 6 weeks of their claim, as a loan, and also how much of that money has been recollected, and how much of it has been re issued to the customers, during the period that Universal Credit has been in place?
8. Please can you furnish for the Taxpayers, how much money is currently held by the DWP that would under 'Legacy Benefit(s)' be paid out to customers, but not under Universal Credit, during the period that Universal Credit has been in place?
I respectfully affirm that i am referring to all those people during the period requested.
James Robert-Warwick S. York-Plantagenet Stuart
This is an automated confirmation that your request for information has
been received by the DWP FOI mailbox.
If your email is a valid Freedom of Information request, as per Section 8
of the FOI Act 2000, you can normally expect a response within 20 working
Please note that email FOI responses will be issued from
We recommend that you add this address to your email contacts otherwise
the response may be treated as Spam or Junk mail.
Should you have any further queries in connection with this request please
Information on the Department for Work and Pensions can be accessed on
gov.uk here - http://www.gov.uk/dwp
Dear James Stuart,
I am writing in response to your request for information, received 23rd
DWP Central FoI Team
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now