Housing Act 1996 (c.52) s.193 (7F)

Slough Times 01753-511911 made this Freedom of Information request to Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

Response to this request is long overdue. By law, under all circumstances, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government should have responded by now (details). You can complain by requesting an internal review.

Slough Times 01753-511911

(1) What guidance has the Department issued on the suitability of private sector rented accommodation specifically relating to the physical condition of the accommodation ? For example mould, maximum damp reading, perpetual smell of damp, mould and rotten wood etc.

(2) How can the public request the DCLG's involvement to control/restrain/supervise poorly performing LHAs such as Slough Unitary Authority who regularly force vulnerable homeless families into appallingly bad private rented sector accommodation (for example: 3 Lewins Way, Cippenham, Slough) by threatening them with eviction from temporary council accommodation if they refuse the dreadfully poor slum-like private rented sector accommodation ? It really is a scandal.

Thank you.

P Janik

Looking for an EU Authority?

You can request documents directly from EU Institutions at our sister site AskTheEU.org . Find out more .