Dear Milton Keynes Council,
1. Over the past twelve months, how many people have made a homeless application at the Council?
2. Over the past twelve months how many people have been provided with interim accommodation pursuant to s.188 (1) of the Housing Act 1996?
3. Over the past twelve months, how many people have been provided with interim accommodation pursuant to s.189 (b) of the Housing Act 1996?
4. Over the past twelve months, how many homeless applicants have had their personal property protected by the local authority?
5. Please state the average length of time that the homeless applicant’s personal property is stored by the local authority?
6. Please provide details of the average cost of storing a homeless applicant’s personal property?
7. Under what circumstances do the local authority protect the personal property of homeless applicants?
8. As part of the homeless application process does the local authority expressly ask the homeless applicant, whether they need their personal property protected?
9. If not, please state the reasons why not?
10. Please provide copies of the local authorities’ policies regarding homeless applications?
11. Please provide a copy of the local authorities policy regarding protecting the personal property of homeless applicants?
12. Please disclose a copy of the council's homeless procedures manual or policy document followed by housing solutions officer at its homeless service centres/ homeless persons offices?
13. Please detail over the past three years, the number of complaints that have been made by homeless applicants because of the Council’s failure to protect their personal property?
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 - INFORMATION REQUEST - INTERNAL REFERENCE 305457
I acknowledge your request for information.
Your request is being considered and you will receive the information requested within the statutory timescale of 20 working days, as defined by the Freedom of Information Act 2000, subject to the information not being exempt or containing reference to a third party.
Please be aware that the Act defines a number of exemptions which may prevent release of the information you have requested. In the event that an exemption category applies information may not be released. You will be informed if this is the case, including your rights of appeal.
If the information you request contains reference to a third party then they may be consulted prior to a decision being taken on whether or not to release the information to you. You will be informed if this is the case.
Freedom of Information Team
Dear Mr Boyle
Please see information recently requested under the Freedom of Information
Homelessness Prevention Manager
Housing & Regeneration
Tel 01908 253059
Link to council website http://www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/housing
Milton Keynes Council | Civic Offices | 1 Saxon Gate East, Central Milton
Keynes | MK9 3EJ
Visit the Milton Keynes Council web site at https://www.milton-keynes.gov.uk
Any personal data will be processed in line with the Data Protection legislation, further details at https://www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/privacy
Please consider the environment and don't print this email unless you really need to
**** This email and any attachments hereto are strictly confidential and intended solely for the addressee. It may contain information which is privileged. If you are not the intended addressee, you must not disclose, forward, copy or take any action in reliance of this email or attachments. If you have received this email in error, please delete it and notify us as soon as possible.
The anti-virus software used by Milton Keynes Council is updated regularly in an effort to minimise the possibility of viruses infecting our systems. However, you should be aware that there is no absolute guarantee that any files attached to this email are virus free.****
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now