Dear Torbay Borough Council,
1. Over the past twelve months, how many people have made a homeless application at the Council?
2. Over the past twelve months how many people have been provided with interim accommodation pursuant to s.188 (1) of the Housing Act 1996?
3. Over the past twelve months, how many people have been provided with interim accommodation pursuant to s.189 (b) of the Housing Act 1996?
4. Over the past twelve months, how many homeless applicants have had their personal property protected by the local authority?
5. Please state the average length of time that the homeless applicant’s personal property is stored by the local authority?
6. Please provide details of the average cost of storing a homeless applicant’s personal property?
7. Under what circumstances do the local authority protect the personal property of homeless applicants?
8. As part of the homeless application process does the local authority expressly ask the homeless applicant, whether they need their personal property protected?
9. If not, please state the reasons why not?
10. Please provide copies of the local authorities’ policies regarding homeless applications?
11. Please provide a copy of the local authorities policy regarding protecting the personal property of homeless applicants?
12. Please disclose a copy of the council's homeless procedures manual or policy document followed by housing solutions officer at its homeless service centres/ homeless persons offices?
13. Please detail over the past three years, the number of complaints that have been made by homeless applicants because of the Council’s failure to protect their personal property?
Dear Mr Boyle
Thank you for your request for information, which was received on 10
October 2019. We are currently processing your request and will contact
you within 20 working days.
If you have any queries regarding your request, please do not hesitate to
contact us, quoting the reference number above in all communications.
Torquay Town Hall
The Information Compliance Team will aim to acknowledge correspondence
within 3 working days unless a restriction is in place.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now