Home to Duty Mileage Allowance

The request was successful.

Dear Sirs,

Under the Freedom of Information Laws could you please indicate whether or not you Authority pays any Allowance for travel from Home to Duty.
If so please answer the following questions:-

1. What rate is payable
2. Is this for general travel or for other purposes only
3. Under what circumstance is an employee eligible to claim this allowance
4. How much money has been paid out to employee under this category per year since the last Local Government Reorg.

Many Thanks

Barnacle Bill

Masson, Neil,

Dear Sir

Thank you for your request dated 19th January 2009. I will be the
officer handling your request and may be contacted by telephone on 01665
511215 should you have any questions or concerns about your request.

A final decision on your request would normally be sent to you within 4
weeks. A week is defined in the Act to mean 5 consecutive weekdays,
excluding Saturdays and public holidays (Sundays are also excluded, as
they are not weekdays). This means that you can expect a decision letter
to issue from this Department/Body not later than 16th February 2009.

There are some limited situations under the FOI Act which could mean
that the period for a final decision may be longer than the normal four
weeks. If this occurs in the case of your request, I will promptly
advise you by E-mail.

Should our final decision not reach you on time, please feel free to
call me to discuss any problems that may have arisen. If you have not
heard from us once the allotted time has expired, you are automatically
entitled to make a complaint to the Council. This will be dealt with
under the Council's Official Complaints Procedure. The complaint will be
dealt with by a more senior member of staff of the Council.

In the event that you need to make such a complaint, you can do so by
writing to the Chief Executive, Alnwick District Council, Allerburn
House, Alnwick, Northumberland, NE66 1YY or alternatively by sending an
e-mail to [email address]. You should state that you are
complaining because an initial decision was not sent to you within the
time permitted.

Yours sincerely

Neil J Masson
Assistant Solicitor

show quoted sections

James, Martin,

Dear Sir

The authority does not pay for home to work travel.

Martin James

show quoted sections