Dear Department for Transport,
Please refer to the DfT communication to me reference F0014726 which was attached to your communication of 4th May which can be seen here: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/h...
On the third page it states in an extract from a communication of 23rd February:
The hot spots will continue to be regularly monitored to ensure continued compliance with Defras Code of Practice on Litter and Refuse. This compliance is a requirement of our maintenance contracts and weekly meetings are being held with Mel’s team and the regions to regularly monitor progress ….
Page 4 gives the dates of the last litter picks as at the time of the communication i.e. 4th May.
In respect to the South East Region hotspots please provide me with copies of the following documents created subsequent to the March clean-up dates (please only redact where absolutely necessary) :
1. Monitoring reports for each of the 6 hotspots. If it is not clear from the document please state who carried out the inspections i.e. HE or their contractor.
2. Minutes of the weekly meetings referred to.
On page 5 it states in reference to HE’s litter strategy at a meeting of 27th February:
An action point was recorded: JO to provide JH with note outlining what is being done to ameliorate HE’ approach/ strategy.
3. Please provide me with a copy of the note referred to.
On page 6 it states:
Highways England’s response to the code of practice on litter is represented by the policies in their litter strategy and the DfT monitors their overall implementation of that.
4. Please provide me with copies of the most recent 4 documents which record the monitoring of this overall implementation
5. Please provide me with copies of any documents dated within the last 6 months which make reference to this monitoring and/or the standard of performance being achieved.
Please get back to me if any of these requests prove to be overly burdensome with suggestions as to how I might amend them to lighted the burden for you and I will consider doing so.
Dear Mr Silverman,
I am writing to acknowledge receipt of your request for information which
has been allocated reference number P0014828.
A response will be issued to you in due course.
Department for Transport
FOI Advice Team
Information & Security Division
Sedlescombe Road North
St Leonards on Sea
Dear Mr Silverman
Please see attached the Department for Transport’s reply to your EIR
I hope this information is useful.
Road Investment Strategy Division.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now