Dear North Somerset Council,
As part of Civic Voice’s ongoing Big Conservation Conversation campaign, we are undertaking research across England to ascertain how many local authorities currently have a Heritage Champion.
Heritage Champions are encouraged by Historic England as an executive member of the council who has lead responsibility for heritage. The person is expected to work closely with local community groups, Conservation Officers and Planning officials.
Would you be able to provide the following information?
• Are you aware of Historic England’s Heritage Champion Initiative?
• Does your local authority currently have an appointed Heritage Champion and if so, when were they appointed?
• Do you have the name and contact details of the Heritage Champion?
• If you do not have a Heritage Champion, do you have any plans to appoint such a person?
Finance & Administration Officer
Our reference: 2758848
NOTE: Please do not edit the subject line when replying to this email.
Dear Sophie Mason
Freedom of Information Act 2000
Thank you for your request regarding 'Heritage Champions', made under
the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Your request has been allocated reference 2758848 and we will respond by
the 20th working day, which is on 13 February 2020. Please quote this
reference in any correspondence with us relating to this matter.
If you wish to know how we will use your personal data, please read our
privacy notices available at
North Somerset Council
Email: [email address]
Dear Ms Mason
Freedom of Information Act 2000
Please find below our response to your request for information.
* Are you aware of Historic England's Heritage Champion Initiative?
* Does your local authority currently have an appointed Heritage Champion
and if so, when were they appointed?
Councillor John Crockford Hawley. This post has been held by a number of
Councillors over the years
* Do you have the name and contact details of the Heritage Champion?
* If you do not have a Heritage Champion, do you have any plans to appoint
such a person?
North Somerset Council now considers that it has complied with your
request. However, you have a right to appeal if you are dissatisfied with
our response. Requests for an internal review must be made in
writing, and within 40 working days of this response being issued to you.
When requesting an internal review, please include your reference number,
the date of your original request and your contact details. Please also
include an explanation of why you are dissatisfied with our response.
Requests for an internal review should be sent to [North Somerset Council request email]
If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review, you have
the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a
decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
The Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane,
Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
Phone: 0303 123 1113
2. mailto:[North Somerset Council request email]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now