HE director pay

The request was refused by University of Reading.

Dear University of Reading,

Please provide the annual salary for the post of Director of your university, since the year 2000 until the present day. By "Director", I mean the most senior member of staff at your institution responsible of the governance of the institution, sometimes called "Vice Chancellor" or "President".

If there are additional payments that the post attracts, such as relocation allowances, please include these.

Yours faithfully,

Daniel Payne

IMPS, University of Reading

Dear Mr Payne,

This is to acknowledge receipt of your request for information below and to let you know it is being processed.

We'll get back to you as soon as we can, but in any case within 20 working days from today’s date.

In the meantime, if you wish to add any further details or check on progress, please reply to this message, without altering the 'Subject:' line, so that we can track your input and respond promptly.

Yours sincerely,

Kim Stock

Information Management & Policy Services (IMPS), University of Reading, Whiteknights, Reading, RG6 6AH
t: +44 (0)118 378 8981 www.reading.ac.uk/foia

show quoted sections

IMPS, University of Reading

Dear Mr Payne,
We have completed the compilation of information in response to your
We can confirm that we do hold information of the description specified in
your request. Technically, this is exempt under s.21 of FOIA - information
is accessible to applicant by other means - you can find the information
for the years 2000 onwards within the University's Finance Accounts which
are published on this webpage:
The Vice Chancellor’s salary, pension contributions and benefits in kind
for each year can be found in the section ‘Staff Costs’ (section 6 of the
‘Notes to the Accounts’).
We are required to include details of our complaints procedures, including
your rights to apply to the Information Commissioner.  The procedure is
detailed in our Freedom of Information and Environmental Information
Regulations policy on the web at
If we are unable to resolve any complaint, you can complain to the
Information Commissioner, the independent body who oversees the access to
information regimes:
Information Commissioner
Wycliffe House
Water Lane
Email: [email address]
Yours sincerely
Rebecca Daniells
IMPS Officer
Information Management & Policy Services (IMPS), University of Reading,
Whiteknights, Reading, RG6 6AH
[University of Reading request email]    t: +44 (0)118 378 8981    [3]www.reading.ac.uk/foia

show quoted sections