Dear HM Revenue and Customs,
1) That HM Revenue and Customs has set-up a Behavioural Science Unit (BSU)
2) The date the BSU was set-up on?
3) How many staff work within the BSU?
4) Has the BSU been involved in advising/helping the Counter Avoidance unit to formulate the wording in letters sent to individual 'customers/tax payers'.
5) Has the BSU been involved in advising/helping the Counter Avoidance unit to formulate the wording in 'Loan Charge' letters sent to individual 'customers/tax payers'
Our ref: FOI2019/00660
Dear Mr Price,
Freedom of Information Act 2000 Acknowledgement
Thank you for your communication of 12th March which has been passed to
HMRC's Freedom of Information Team.
We have allocated the above reference which you should quote if you need
to contact us.
The Team will arrange for a reply to be sent to you which will either
comply with HMRC's obligations under Freedom of Information Act or, if we
think it's an enquiry that we don't need to address under the terms of the
Act, let you know why. If it is the latter we will, if possible, pass it
on to a more appropriate part of the Department for answer.
HMRC Freedom of Information Act Team