Hampshire Health Record
Dr Neil Bhatia made this Freedom of Information request to Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Dear Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust,
I would like to make a request under the FOI Act.
For the purposes of the Act, please take the date of your receipt of this request as 3rd February 2016.
I am interested in the relationship (if any) between your organisation and the Hampshire Health Record (clinical data repository).
• Please could you tell me whether your organisation has commenced extracting and uploading personal confidential hospital data about patients to the HHR?
• If not commenced already, do you have plans to commence feeds into the HHR at anytime between now and 31st March 2017?
If the answer to both of the above is no, then thank you very much, ignore the remainder of this request, and please consider my request closed.
However, if your organisation has already commenced uploading, or is planning to before March 31st 2017, then please can you provide me with the following:
• Any and all fair processing information (posters/leaflets/handouts) made available, or planning to be made available, to patients informing them of this new use of their data
• Any and all policies on the implementation of HHR feeds by your organisation
• The types of information that you will be extracting and uploading to the HHR
• The opt-out form (or process) available to patients to express dissent to this type of processing of their data, and so block uploading of their personal confidential data to the HHR by your organisation (in line with the DPA and NHS Constitution)
I would be grateful if you would be kind enough to send me the requested information promptly and in any event not later than the twentieth working day following the date of receipt of my request.
I would be grateful if you would kindly acknowledge receipt of this request as recommended by the ICO (“It would be good practice to acknowledge receipt of requests and to refer to the 20 working day time limit, so that applicants know
their request is being dealt with”).
Thank you once again.
Dr Neil Bhatia
Your email has been received by the team and we will respond to you as
soon as possible.
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that
any use, dissemination or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the
sender and delete it immediately. Any information, statements or opinions
contained in this message (including any attachments) are given by the
author. They are not given on behalf of the Surrey and Borders Partnership
NHS Foundation Trust unless subsequently confirmed by an individual, other
than the author, who is authorised to represent Surrey and Borders
Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.
Dear Dr Bhatia,
Thank you for your request for information received on 03 February 2016, a copy of which is below.
We are processing your request, and will write to you again shortly when we are in a position to respond.
If I can be of any further assistance to you in the meantime, please contact me.
Dear Dr Bhatia
Please find attached a response to your FOI request which is below.