Dear Royal College of Art,
I am writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to request the following information about the 49 members of staff that were paid above the 51 point pay spine in the year up to August 2018:
1. What roles do/did the 49 individual members of RCA permanent and fixed term contracted staff paid above the 51 point pay spine undertake in the year up to August 2018.
2. What proportion (percentage) of permanent and fixed term contracted staff employed in the year up to August 2018 did these 49 individuals represent.
3. What proportion (percentage) of the total salary bill paid for all permanent and fixed term contracted staff did the 49 individuals' combined pay represent?
If it is not possible to provide the information requested due to the request exceeding cost compliance limits identified in Section12, please provide advice and assistance under Section 16 obligations, as to how I can refine my request to be included within the scope of the Act.
If you can identify ways that my request can be refined please provide further advice and assistance to indicate this.
I look forward to your response within 20 days, as stipulated by the Act.
If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact me.
Regarding your recent freedom of information request, please see our
1. Please see attached Excel spreadsheet. At 1 August 2018 47 individuals
were identified as being paid above the 51 point pay spine (looking at
annual salary and London weighting (pro rated for part time staff);
pensions and NI costs are not included). Staff category and grade are
provided in the attached spreadsheet; individual roles are not specified
as to do so would potentially violate the Data Protection Act of 2018 (see
section 40(2) of the FOI Act, 2000). The report was run on a fixed date as
the figures would change month to month and cannot be averaged.
2. 10.3% (in reference to 47 individuals as a percentage of all contracted
staff on 1 August 2018)
3. 22.6% (in reference to 47 individuals as a percentage of all contracted
staff on 1 August 2018)
If you are unhappy with the way your request has been handled, you may
make a complaint by writing to me within two calendar months of the date
of this response. Your complaint will be considered by an adjudicator who
was not involved in the original consideration of your request.
If you are not content with the outcome of your complaint, you may then
contact the Information Commissioner’s Office: Information Commissioner,
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
The FOI Team
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now