Dear Mid Sussex District Council,
I am writing to you to request the following information under the Freedom of Information Act:
1) Can the council confirm their current number of Long Term Empty Properties as of the 8th May (those domestic properties which have been empty for six months or older)
2) What work is the council currently undertaking or planning to undertake around reducing their long term empty properties in 2019?
3) During 2018 did you undertake any work around reducing your Long Term Empty Properties. If you did was this done using internal resource or a third party?
4) If yes is the answer to question three, did the council review every single long term property
5) Does the reduction of empty homes in the council area form part of your Housing strategy?
6) Does the council have a budget in place to help support the reduction of empty properties?
7) How much did the council spend on temporary accommodation during 2018?
8) Does the council offer financial support /loans to Long Term Empty property owners to help them bring properties back into use?
Thank you for your email. This is an automated response to let you know
your email has arrived. The FOI/DPA Team may not be able to view your
email immediately (for example if you send your request late
afternoon/evening or on a weekend, it will not be read until the following
working day) and your request will be logged as received when it is first
opened and read by us. If the email contains a request for information,
the 20 working day countdown will start on the first working day after
receipt of this request.
The request may be subject to an exemption, which the Authority is
entitled to apply to refuse the request. We will notify you if this is the
Once the information has been identified the Authority may also ask that a
fee be paid for processing and delivering the information to you. Details
of any fee to be charged will be notified to you as soon as possible.
Any future correspondence you may have in relation to this matter should
be sent to the Senior Information Governance Officer, Mid Sussex District
Council, Oaklands, Oaklands Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex RH16 1SS or
by return to this email.
Information provided under the FOI Act 2000 or the Environmental
Information Regulations 2004 may be not be re-used, except for personal
study and non-commercial research or for news reporting and reviews,
without the permission of the Council. Please see the Council website
further information or contact The Digital and Customer Services Team on
The information contained in this email may be subject to public
disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Unless the
information contained in this email is legally exempt from disclosure, we
cannot guarantee that we will not provide the whole or part of this email
to a third party making a request for information about the subject matter
of this email.
This email and any attachments may contain confidential information and is
intended only to be seen and used by the named addressees. If you are not
the named addressee, any use, disclosure, copying, alteration or
forwarding of this email and its attachments is unauthorised. If you have
received this email in error please notify the sender immediately by email
or by calling +44 (0) 1444 458 166 and remove this email and its
attachments from your system.
The views expressed within this email and any attachments are not
necessarily the views or policies of Mid Sussex District Council. We have
taken precautions to minimise the risk of transmitting software viruses,
but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks before accessing this
email and any attachments. Except where required by law, we shall not be
responsible for any damage, loss or liability of any kind suffered in
connection with this email and any attachments, or which may result from
reliance on the contents of this email and any attachments.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now