Dear Sir or Madam,
I would like to make a new request following up my request F2009-154. Please could you send me:
1. A short description of each of the fields which can be stored for each project record in the ARIES database (including fields/ questions in documents which can be attached to project records). Please include the field names (provided with F2009-154). Please ensure the descriptions are comprehensible to those unfamiliar with the database and DFID procedures.
2. The criteria which has, to date, been used in all the internal approval processes regarding what information will be published through the PPI initiative, i.e. what criteria has been and will be used to decide what is to be published.
3. The proposed timetable for the remainder of the PPI initiative.
4. All guidance and rules relating to how each of the 'Project Performance' fields in the ARIES database should be completed. I am seeking guidance given to staff in all sections of DfID. Please include all relevant guidance relating to how the information (to be inputted into the fields) should be formulated and calculated.
5. For each of the 'Project Performance' fields in the ARIES database, the number of projects which contain some information in this field.
6. The total number of projects in the ARIES database.
Under the section 16 duty to provide advice and assistance please contact me if this requires clarification.
Dear Mr Bacon
Thank you for your further request for information on DFID's Publishing
Project Information (PPI) initiative. We're dealing with it under the
terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and will respond to you as
soon as possible and within 20 working days. In the meantime, if you've
any queries, please contact me quoting reference F2009-186.
DFID Openness Unit
[DFID request email]
Dear Mr Bacon
Please find attached DFID's response to your Freedom of Information
request of 31 July 2009.
DFID, the Department for International Development: leading the British
Government's fight against world poverty. Find out more about the major
global poverty challenges and get the facts on what DFID is doing to fight